Colchester Bantam metal lathe- California

"The entire population of Great Britain has been declared insane by their government. It is believed that should any one of them come in possession of a firearm, he will immediately start to foam at the mouth and begin kiling children at the nearest school. The proof of their insanity is that they actually believe this." -- someone in misc.survivalism

Reply to
Gunner

This is a few miles from my house, and I have a trailer that will transport it, plus a portable engine hoist that will lift it. Seems like a bargain for the current price.

"The entire population of Great Britain has been declared insane by

Reply to
frank

It has a D1-3 Camlock spindle, 5" Ch x 20" BC and weighs approx 550 kg. Probably 1" bore but might be 1 3/8". I have a Colchester Chipmaster which is basically the same machine but with variable speed drive.

These are very good machines. I wouldn't even consider parting with mine.

Peter Wiley

Reply to
Peter Wiley

Enjoy.

Gunner

"The entire population of Great Britain has been declared insane by their government. It is believed that should any one of them come in possession of a firearm, he will immediately start to foam at the mouth and begin kiling children at the nearest school. The proof of their insanity is that they actually believe this." -- someone in misc.survivalism

Reply to
Gunner

Second that. The Chipmaster has a higher top speed as well (3000rpm), but the bed and so on was the same. D1-3 camlock chucks aren't as common as D1-4, but still around and available ex-stock new from Bison, etc. Haven't found much that my Chippie won't do, if I can fit it in the machine. Get it if you can. They are a great, solid home/ small workshop maschine. You can lift it with a HF 2t engine hoist. My Chipmaster is on

(workshop tour) Also see

geoff m