Colchester Bantam metal lathe- California

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&categoryW032&item827046899&rd=1 "The entire population of Great Britain has been declared insane by
their government. It is believed that should any one of them come in possession of a firearm, he will immediately start to foam at the mouth and begin kiling children at the nearest school. The proof of their insanity is that they actually believe this." -- someone in misc.survivalism
This is a few miles from my house, and I have a trailer that will transport it, plus a portable engine hoist that will lift it. Seems like a bargain for the current price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&categoryW032&item827046899&rd=1

It has a D1-3 Camlock spindle, 5" Ch x 20" BC and weighs approx 550 kg. Probably 1" bore but might be 1 3/8". I have a Colchester Chipmaster which is basically the same machine but with variable speed drive.
These are very good machines. I wouldn't even consider parting with mine.
Peter Wiley
On 14 Jul 2004 20:44:09 -0700, peter_d snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Peter Wiley) wrote:

Second that. The Chipmaster has a higher top speed as well (3000rpm), but the bed and so on was the same. D1-3 camlock chucks aren't as common as D1-4, but still around and available ex-stock new from Bison, etc. Haven't found much that my Chippie won't do, if I can fit it in the machine. Get it if you can. They are a great, solid home/ small workshop maschine. You can lift it with a HF 2t engine hoist. My Chipmaster is on http://pages.quicksilver.net.nz/geoffm/ (workshop tour) Also see http://www.lathes.co.uk Geoff

Enjoy.
Gunner