Tool grinder pictures up

Hello all

Just finished cleaning up the Tiplap grinder I got at auction on the weekend. Nice little unit. the shaft was seized into the toolrest but some penetrating oil and a deadblow hammer took care of that, and some scotchbrite clean up the crud inside. I disassembled everything, cleaned and reassembled it. The only problem was with the grinding wheel adapter, one of the mounting bolts holes is stripped, I will have to helicoil it. I was thinking of repainting it but didn't feel like filling my lungs with overspray today :-) I contacted the manufacturer about a manual and parts list but at 20 pounds(almost $50cnd)+shipping that is close to what I paid for the grinder. So if anyone has a copy for sale or can scan one for me it would be appreciated. here are the pictures

Machineman

Hey James,

Looks very good. Should have been a "Gloat" posting! I wouldn't be surprised if that thing cost well over 4 grand Cdn when new.

Let us see some of what you sharpen with it when you get around to it. Nice photos too, by the way.

Take care.

Brian Laws>Hello all

Reply to
Brian Lawson

Reply to
Machineman

I dint have a clue what a Tiplap was. Thats quite nice.

Gunner

"The entire population of Great Britain has been declared insane by their government. It is believed that should any one of them come in possession of a firearm, he will immediately start to foam at the mouth and begin kiling children at the nearest school. The proof of their insanity is that they actually believe this." -- someone in misc.survivalism

Reply to
Gunner

Reply to
Grant Erwin

Nasty corrosion on that diamond tread.

Say, what does the chart over the wheel of the grinder tell you?

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

Hey James,

That's a good and simple idea! Should work just f>Brian

Reply to
Brian Lawson

Reply to
Machineman

Reply to
Machineman

That's a sweet little grinder. Good luck with it, looks like a lot of fun!

Jim Kovar Vulcan, Mi

Reply to
Jim Kovar

Nice pix, James. Thanks.