Copper Casting In America (Trevelyan)

But net.loons are so fun. (At least creationists are a challenge, only because they're such experts at debate.)

Reply to
MIB529

Aaaaaahhh but then he is another YANK, showing the kind of CULTURE they cherish, one that includes the TORTURE of those who do not conform to their views. Floyd is definitely one of those. He has jumped on the band wagon to show what the YANKS believe is part of their culture - the "fun" pointed to by Marcus already as part of the YANK culture, and now supported by the loser Floyd in a copycat act of other pond scum - ie TORTURE - or the VERY BEST best likeness they can achieve on the net!

ATTA BOY FLOYD...... do your very best SHOW THE WORLD THE YANK CULTURE you represent, in your pathetic copy cat establishment flunky manner. After all you are on "show" here and what you lot are all about! I note the passive approval of this demonstration of yours by your "fellow" citizens of the Yank Culture we see on the TV screens nightly, from the jails in Iraq, the coffins containing people of Iraq! Floyd the loser is no longer so passive about it either and has used the biggest GUN he is able to use on the net!

BUT, let us not forget to pay Homage the the person who instigated and brought this particular method of intended MALICE - Zolota - HE did that because HE was caught resorting to RACISM. I guess that is an attraction it has to criminals like Martyn Harrison, Drew etc who resort to the same rants, who cannot argue with actual KNOWLEDGE (it has none) and INTELLIGENCE (it has none) and SANITY (it has none). Floyd the copy cat is no different - but what else can one expect from someone with the intelligence of a old oven mitten.

So report the abuser of his AUP's and the groups it spams with its hate mail:

OrgName: TelAlaska Address: 201 E56th Ave City: Anchorage StateProv: AK PostalCode: 99518 Country: US Phone: +1-907-563-2003

E-mail to: snipped-for-privacy@arctic.net snipped-for-privacy@arctic.net

Reply to
Seppo Renfors

Well.... even Barrow is allowed a village idiot!

Yep, that's the scumbag's established style - redefine words - misrepresent and lie! Of course the loud mouthed windbag doesn't understand the word "eskimo" in any case! How could he? "Eskimo" is an Algonquian word, meaning something in the sense, "people speaking a different language". Further to that it is considered an offensive term nowadays by many. The reason is partly through the associations of the discredited folk etymology of the word (myth) "one who eats raw flesh".

But then what would that loser know.... not much that's what - a lot of noise, very very little substance!

[..]
Reply to
Seppo Renfors

[..]

More LIES.... this must be a SOCK PUPPET for the loser Floyd - whom I have proven to have fabricated that claim on 6 different occasion out of a far greater number of instances. This is the THIRD time the SOCK PUPPET has been engaging in the same lies! This is now past history - so WHY is it that this scoundrel wants to keep up the LIES for, if the low-life isn't a SOCK PUPPET of Floyd's?

[..]
Reply to
Seppo Renfors

Seeing as the odds would be so short that it wouldn't reach the price of a stamp, it would be best to donate it to the charity of your choice...

Reply to
Martyn Harrison

You are aware of that *only* because I personally have posted the information on Usenet dozens of times. Go to google and just try to find where *anyone* else commonly posts that particular etymology for "Eskimo". What you left out (and I never do) is the cite for Jose Hotmail, the French-Canadian anthropologist who provided the research.

Clearly *you* didn't read what I've written previously well enough to understand it. So let me refresh your memory in terms of what we are discussing here. Eric claims that it would not be proper to say that there were Inuit on Greenland 4000 years ago, because he says that only Thule Technology people are properly called "Inuit".

Of course, both of you are saying that the term Eskimo is wrong.

Which leaves *no* proper term to connect all of the ancient cultures on Greenland (or anywhere else in the Arctic)!

Or does it????

"All Inuit cultures are represented: Saqqaq Independence I Independence II Early Dorset Late Dorset Thule"

It seems the Greenland National Museum & Archives, Tikilluarit, disagrees with Eric's claim about proper terminology. I'll take their word for it, because obviously Eric once again doesn't have any idea what he is talking about.

As to the word Eskimo... Well, I have asked my children about that! They tell me that Seppo The Word Weasel games are wrong.

They tell me *they* are Eskimos. Now, it happens that their mother tells me she is too, as does her mother. (Oh, I believe them too! They do speak an Eskimo language, and eat Eskimo food, and well, you know... they even *look* like Eskimos!)

One of those children is two things of note in regard to that. First she is a legal authority (JD in Indian Law) *and* she is recognized by her own tribal people as both a leader and a traditional teacher of Eskimo culture. (Sufficiently accredited that the village where her mother was born hired her to give a workshop to their teachers on how to bring Yup'ik culture into the classroom in appropriate ways.)

Which is to say, if my kid says Eskimo is a proper word, and she does say that, then who Seppo and Eric to say otherwise?

Ah, but I *do* know what the words Inuit and Eskimo actually mean, and when to use them properly. That's a trick you are never going to master!

Reply to
Floyd L. Davidson

Reply to
Floyd L. Davidson

[..]

Leave me out of that one - it's not my claim. It is Floyd's. I have been asking for proof - and he hasn't been able to produce it!

Reply to
Seppo Renfors

about actual laws - even less to MORALITY as Martyn Harrison indicates an INTENT to commit Criminal Acts! Oh well POND SCUM is like that - low life not worth wipimng ones feet on, lest one catches something of it.

BUT, let us not forget to pay Homage the the person who instigated and brought this particular method of intended MALICE - Zolota - HE did that because HE was caught resorting to RACISM. I guess that is an attraction it has to criminals like Martyn Harrison who cannot argue with actual KNOWLEDGE (it has none) and INTELLIGENCE (it has none) and SANITY (it has none).

So instead of messing around allowing him to destrioy the group with hate mail, report any such CRIMINAL activity Martyn Harrison practises to:

NTL Internet Crawley Court Winchester Hampshire UK SO21 2QA

+44 2920 305142

On-line abuse report form is here:

Another avenue is: snipped-for-privacy@ntli.net snipped-for-privacy@ntli.net snipped-for-privacy@ntli.net

Reply to
Seppo Renfors

Martyn Harrison wrote: Here we see the CLASSIC CRIMINAL type again. One who cares nothing about actual laws - even less to MORALITY as Martyn Harrison indicates an INTENT to commit Criminal Acts! Oh well POND SCUM is like that - low life not worth wipimng ones feet on, lest one catches something of it.

BUT, let us not forget to pay Homage the the person who instigated and brought this particular method of intended MALICE - Zolota - HE did that because HE was caught resorting to RACISM. I guess that is an attraction it has to criminals like Martyn Harrison who cannot argue with actual KNOWLEDGE (it has none) and INTELLIGENCE (it has none) and SANITY (it has none).

So instead of messing around allowing him to destrioy the group with hate mail, report any such CRIMINAL activity Martyn Harrison practises to:

NTL Internet Crawley Court Winchester Hampshire UK SO21 2QA

+44 2920 305142

On-line abuse report form is here:

Another avenue is: snipped-for-privacy@ntli.net snipped-for-privacy@ntli.net snipped-for-privacy@ntli.net

Reply to
Seppo Renfors

[..]

(Esquimaux)

Sorry, Eric but that is an old and now discredited definition given on that site.

[..]
Reply to
Seppo Renfors

BUT, let us not forget to pay Homage the the person who instigated and brought this particular method of intended MALICE - Zolota - HE did that because HE was caught resorting to RACISM. I guess that is an attraction it has to criminals like Martyn Harrison who cannot argue with actual KNOWLEDGE (it has none) and INTELLIGENCE (it has none) and SANITY (it has none).

So instead of messing around allowing him to destrioy the group with hate mail, report any such CRIMINAL activity Martyn Harrison practises to:

NTL Internet Crawley Court Winchester Hampshire UK SO21 2QA

+44 2920 305142

On-line abuse report form is here:

Another avenue is: snipped-for-privacy@ntli.net snipped-for-privacy@ntli.net snipped-for-privacy@ntli.net

Reply to
Seppo Renfors

[..]

Yeah, you should know, you being one!

Reply to
Seppo Renfors

Man, you have some SERIOUS issues to work out... Hope you are getting professional help...???

But in the meantime, P L O N K

Intrepid

Reply to
Intrepid

selective snip so every-one can see that Seppo is arguing with some-one who -is- on site

It won't get through to him Floyd but it is interesting reading your posts in reply to his strawmen....

Reply to
George

Native peoples of the Northwest Coast of North America

after me Google is my friend

Reply to
George

No No NO NO!

I said the inuit arrived in Greenland circa 1000 AD with the arrival of the Thule culture.

Before that there were the Dorset but they may already have vanished bfore there was any sign of the Thule people.

Their remains the yet to be resolved question of whether it is proper to call the Dorset inuit. [Don't worry, I have't forgotten it, I'm working on it]

Eric Stevens

Reply to
Eric Stevens

(Esquimaux)>

You may well be right, but I've taken steps to dig a little further using a source which I expect will be acceptable to you. :-)

Eric Stevens

Reply to
Eric Stevens

First, the Dorset *were also* Inuit. Second, they had not "vanished". There has been no time between about 4500 BC and today that Inuit people have not exist on Greenland.

The Dorset and Thule people were the *same* gene pool. The climate changed, and they rapidly adapted their technology to match. Dorset culture existed on Greenland from about 900 BC until about 1500 AD, which is *after* the Norse colony was gone, and is hundreds of years after the initial Thule culture showed up.

Why do you have to *continually* change what you claim, and then every single time you fabricate some new scenario that is just plain bullshit.

If instead of making up what you think it might have been, you would just sit back, and *ask*, you could learn something.

You aren't working on it. It has long been resolved, and you are not the arbitrator. You can't even figure out what the significance is, much less question proper usage.

Reply to
Floyd L. Davidson

(Esquimaux)>>

Just keep in mind, twit, that I've already pointed you at the *only* two sources that are acceptable. You can read what Ives Goddard says, or you can read what Jose Mailhot says.

Everything else either quotes one of them, or is unacceptable.

Reply to
Floyd L. Davidson