Crocus cloth substitute

Crocus cloth doesn't produce a mirror shine, usually because of the way the abrasive is presented to the substrate but rouge on a cotton buff will produce a mirror finish. This is often the final abrasive used to polish jewelry etc. Coe High Buff (zirconium silicate, I believe) can produce as fine or finer finish. ALOX or SiC, in the grits you normally see around the shop are orders of magnitude courser.

bob g.

Mart> Ed Huntress wrote:

Reply to
Robert Galloway

Buy the way, I'd recommend that you grow your own wheat and grind your own flour. Somebody's got too much time on their hands. BTW, I do grind my own flour but I let somebody better equipped grow the wheat. :-)

bob g.

Bruce Freeman wrote:

Reply to
Robert Galloway

Robert,

Perhaps you didn't mean to come across as snide, but you did.

The suggestion I made would take a blacksmith about ten minutes to implement. Longer for someone without such quick access to fire scale. Seemed to me a reasonable suggestion to make.

Next time you think about getting snide, count to ten first.

Bruce Freeman

Reply to
Bruce Freeman