Dalton Lathes

Have you tried Tony' lathe site

for information. G

Reply to
geoffjm.deletethsibit

Dennis are you still monitoring this post? I just picked a B4 #2383 that is very dirty but looks functional with exception to motor and associated drive bits. I'm looking for guidance in that area.

Reply to
mtzracing

I have had a lathe I found in a scrap yard in Seymour Texas for about 12 years. It has a broken base and was in need of tepair. I disassembled it and took inventory of what it needed. Cleaned all the parts and put it in the attic. I just pulled it down to go over again and was trying to find another base. It appears to be one of the most rare models of the Dalton line. It is a Lot-2-No 19. I was planning on using it to neck turn rifle brass. I am using my Summit lathe for this and was hoping to find a more size appropriate lathe for it. It's a neat looking little unit. Just seems to be very very rare and it looks like I should approach with caution.

Reply to
hdobrien72

You may know this but there is a Dalton Lathe group at

It is a restricted group that seems fairly active with 33 messages in the past week.

Reply to
John B.

I have a Dalton Lot 6 s/n 131. I am starting to it get operational again after a couple decades of storage.

Reply to
glenaarmstrong

I have lot 4 number 2087 in great condition.

Reply to
waynepritch

Hello. I just found your post. As of tomorrow I will be taking possession of a Dalton T-L with a 1924 date and a whole bunch of extras including liv e and dead centers, 3 and 4 jaw chuck, some change gears and in need of re- assembly (its in pieces), a new drive belt, and about a month or two of elb ow grease to remove rust and re-paint. I am a Machinist virgin having only played so far with a Grizzly micro-lathe which has gotten me hooked (I hav e found so far anyone who owns a lathe seems to have 2 or 3 or 4 or... I k now... its a disease) I ordered what literature was available from that UK fellow so we will see if sales brochures are enough info to rebuild this b east. I may be back to ask some (I am sure really really dumb) questions.

Reply to
pilgrim23

replying to Dennis Turk, jordie field wrote: hello: I just picked up a Dalton 4 lathe that is complete. Most interesting is a very small rectangular thread counter. Was wondering if anyone has sienna like it? I have tried to email Mr. Turk recently and his mail box is full. would love to contact anyone who would like to talk on the phone as I have many questions and find typing to clumsy. Hello...is their anyone out there. Also my Dalton has the motor mounted above the leather step pulleys. Part of the set looks factory, other part does not. I can load pictures, I just want to do it at the best location. My e-mail is snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Reply to
jordie field

Reply to
bvsjasper

Reply to
bvsjasper

Am Freitag, 26. Dezember 2003 17:31:31 UTC+1 schrieb Dennis Turk:

Hi Dennis,

since some Days i own a MetalLathe , maybe a Dalton Lot 2- Unfortunetly i find no SerialNumber or other things for a Identifikation.

Some Pictures are here:

It would help, if you can help.

If it is a Dalton Lot2, you know one more in the World...

You Re-Build a very nice Champions Blower Forge 9L

Regards from Germany,

Rainer

Reply to
r.zauritz

replying to Dennis Turk, Rainer wrote: Hi Dennis, since One Week I own a Dalton Metal Lathe. It is a Lot 2, NO 477. A Picture Can Seen unser

unser the Lathe-Topic. Eben there are some more Information about the lot2-machines, I'm Interesse on them. Regards from Germany, Rainer

Reply to
Rainer

Dennis,

I've spoken with you a few years back about my lathe, I have a decent restoration thread going on now here:

I'm still interested in a threading dial if there is ever another batch run :)

Rainer,

Guten morgen! Euer Drehbank is sehr nett! Da ist ein webseite von England du soll sehen. ummm...Hier:

Ich kenne mein Deutch is besten nicht, aber woll ich zu helfen mit euer Dalton, oder englisch wann ich kan :).

Reply to
arrmonlute
Re: Dalton Lathes open original image

replying to Dennis Turk, TLouisJ wrote: Hi, I just received a Dalton Six lathe. The Patent tag ends in 1922 and the tags all have New York so I think it was built between 1922-1925. ?? It looks like an 8" x 16" so it's not very long. There are no model numbers or other ID tags. Can you tell me what it is?

TLouisJ

replying to Dennis Turk, Ron Clark wrote: I just bought a dalton 7" lathe im not certain of the lot #. The forward / reverse planetary is broke. Im looking fir a used one. If u could help. Thank u.

Reply to
Ron Clark

replying to Dennis Turk, Jordief123 wrote: Hello: thank you for getting back! I inquired about your group over a year ago. I posted my lathe info and pictures on the OWWM site: dalton lathe and jordie field. It be would wonderful if you could look at it and let me know what you think. All the best ! And thank you. Jordie field

Reply to
Jordief123

Hello,

My name is Matt and I live in Illinois. I have recently come across an oppo rtunity to obtain a ?Dalton Six? B-4 Lathe. It is in workin g condition and seems like a pretty sturdy lil Lathe and perfect for my lit tle garage. The guy wants $215.00 for it. Is that a fair price considering it is so hard to get replacement parts?

Reply to
mattkagel

The real value of these "Garage Lathes" is quite often determined by the attachments and accessories that come with it. 3 jaw chuck? 4 jawed chuck? Taper turning attachment? Tool holders? Boring bar holder? Tail stock drill chuck? Tool bits (to fit)? A boring bar or maybe two? The list goes on and on...

Reply to
goodsoldierschweik

Price doesn't sound too bad even for a fairly stripped machine, so long as it's in good condition. Check ways front ways near headstock for wear. At minimum, you'll want a 3 jaw, 4 jaw, faceplate, drill chuck, lantern tool post, and a live center to do much. With that, you could make a lot of accessories. If you plan to do any threading, you'll want a set of change gears. If not, you could get by with putting a variable speed DC motor on the far end of the lead screw. I modified a friend's Craftsman thus. If it's missing most of the above, be aware that without some serious bargain hunting, they'll likely cost at least double the price of the lathe.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Anderson

replying to Dennis Turk, Colin Campbell wrote: I have just purchased a Dalton 6 lathe. I need to replace one of the gears in the gear train, do you know the specificactions for these gears?

Reply to
Colin Campbell