devices of unecessary complexity

Right. Actually, my blender from the '60s IS my new one.

One drop of South Bend spindle oil on the Oilite bushing, every third or fourth time I use it, has kept it running great for the last 35 years. And a drop of mineral oil on the gasket, wiped on carefully, will keep that 20-cent part going for at least ten years. d8-)

Reply to
Ed Huntress

My son liberated a Tektronix 555 O'scope, with the cart and the breakout adaptors so the modules could be adjusted. Right at 100 firebottles and the thing works perfect. It had sat in an abondoned lab at his college and it must have been maintained regularly by the college for it to work so well. Heats my little antique electronic repair shop nicely. We call it the "Scope-o-saurus".

Reply to
zerousair

But in reality, there always is another side to people moving up the corporate ladder that others rarely see. Supervisors know.

Reply to
mogulah

The 2565A is 350 MHz, four channel. One of my scopes has an IEEE-488 interface, and is rack mounted for ATE applications.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

That's the one with two vertical plugins, two horizontal plugins, two traces, and a separate power supply chassis on the bottom deck of the cart?

Lots of heat.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols