Does anyone need a 5 jaw lathe chuck?

http://en.sanouchuck.com/english/productshow.asp?idE&type=5

On Sunday, July 21, 2019 at 5:42:28 AM UTC-7, Jim Wilkins wrote:

Looks intriguing; the presumption, then, is that somewhere in the world is a rolling mill turning out pentagonal bars? And mill vise jaws with 108 degree and 36 degree vees?
The pentagonal spud on a fire hydrant cap/valve is the only item I can easily imagine this chuck holding.

https://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb/general/who-makes-5-jaw-independent-lathe-chuck-346696/
It might be useful to make a model 5 cylinder radial engine.
I just bought their (last?) 5" 4-jaw for the BS-0 index, for $88.79. The plan is to fit it to both the index's blank backplate and a used 5C pot collet to mount on my lathe and another less bulky 24-position 5C indexer.

Just like a 3 jaw it is also VERY good at holding cylendrical objects - very commonly used in a lathe for "turning" - - - - - Grips better than 3 jaws and distributes the clamping force for hollow workpieces.

They seem to be more common - if you can call it that - on wood-turning lathes. 6 jaw is more common withthe same advantages if NOT chucking penta stock.