Dribble to Flood Cooling on a Lathe

Thanks.

The only solution is a lot more light, far beyond the ability of any on-camera flash. But I was able to figure the photos out anyway.

As I thought, the shield covers only the chuck body, and seems a bit too short (along the bedway) to catch coolant flung from the jaws. They do make a larger/longer model, if I recall.

How well does it catch coolant? If I recall, you are using a soluble oil of some kind.

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joseph Gwinn

No, it does cover the jaws as well.

Very well, after I added that rubber flap. Without the rubber flap it would fling some coolant on my legs.

Ignoramus13366

Wood works really well for prototyping, working out the kinks/details. Switch over to metal for the final revision, if you get around to it :)

Reply to
Leon Fisk