Drill leaks electricity to case

Not exactly true. The white wire is called Neutral (not ground). It is a current carrying conductor. There is also a green wire, called ground, that is not supposed to normally carry current. If some current leaks and flows through that non current carrying conductor, or through me, it is called a "ground fault".

I agree with that completely, the dangers from being hit by 110v go way beyond mere electrocution.

Ignoramus12893

Let's Find Out! I have this deliberately shorted drill, and it's in front of a grounded platform with an inch of standing water.

Here, let's hand it to my assistant Timmy and have him drill a hole

- Oh, and Timmy you need to take off your shoes and socks for this experiment, wouldn't want your shoes getting wet, now would we?...

--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

Doesn't even have to be directly grounded, Bruce. A capacitive ground will do it too. In otherwords - leakage to a non-grounded item/person.

***
Reply to
clare at snyder.on.ca