Drilling Square Holes

All:

Someone just sent this to me. I thought it was cool enough to post to the two machining groups.

I apologize if this has been posted before. I haven't been following either group regularly for quite some time.

-- BottleBob

BottleBob

Sorry, couldn't get the file to load using Google Groups.

-- BottleBob

BottleBob

PrecisionmachinisT

And for those (like myself) who would like to see the the principle behind the "chuck" :

J. Nielsen

Three things:

  1. I have the actual video file if anyone wants. 6-7 megs but I'll e-mail it to you if you wish.

  1. I had not seen this video before BottleBob posted it. But within minutes of ignoring BB's post due to a time constraint, my auto mechanic sent it to me via e-mail, thus the file availability. ...Thus I got to see it and like it. Thanks for posting it BB!

  2. Alternate videos showing the same basic thing from a discussion we had here back in August.

Joe AutoDrill

Joe:

Heck, I thought you'd read ANYTHING that had "Drill" in the subject title. LOL

Actually, *I* wasn't able to post the wmv file. Precision Machinist gave me a heads-up that the file didn't load. So I E-mailed it to him. He either turned it into a youtube or found is as a youtube and posted it. So he deserves the credit for posting it.

A discussion it August, I was afraid of that. :(

-- BottleBob

BottleBob

You can't upload or attach anything with Google Groups.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Good! You *should* not to any non-binary newsgroup. If the newsgroup does not have "binaries" in its name, it should not get attachments -- and if you are on a server which allows it, many other servers will drop the articles with the attachments in the bit bucket, as they are in violation of the newsgroup charter.

Posting URLS where you can *download* something (if you *want* to) is acceptable. Forcing an attachment to all the news servers in the world is not.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

A lot of other servers drop any attachments, anyway. :)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell