DRO trouble update

I took it apart again (mid 80s Teledyne-Gurley "Scout 500") and found a dirty ground screw connection. it works fine now. Duhhh.

Reply to
Stupendous Man

One attaboy to you!

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

I'm just happy the smoke didn't come out. I can wire a car from scratch, but don't really get electronics. I was happy the other day to run 3 phase power to a new sanding machine and not get a firework show.

Reply to
Stupendous Man

When you wire a car correctly from scratch, you show that you have a good 'gut level' grasp of electrical theory. If you are interested in electronics, you can pick up some of the more subtle effects just by measuring carefully. This is a lot easier when you ignore people who insist that electronics is more complicated than the stuff you already know.

With the cars and your sanding machine, you solidly connected the things that should conduct electricity and carefully insulated the things that should not conduct electricity, yes? The rationale behind that process has only been known to humankind for about 230 years. It was a scientific secret, then!

There is a ton of useful information available to you on the web. Stuff like:
Here is an opportunity to buy more tools!

If it interests you, electronics is a heck of a fine hobby.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston