DRO toast?

The Digital readout on the series 1 Bridgport mill wouldn't light up this morning. It's not a power problem, it gets juice all the way to the internal transformer. Anyone know of anyone who can diagnose and repair a mid 80s Teledyne-Gurley "Scout 500", or have a similar DRO that will plug into the old sensors with

3/4 inch round 14 pin plugs?
Reply to
Stupendous Man

Mmm, well...if your willing to send it to me in Australia, would be happy to look at it...

BUT- thats not an option.

To clarify - is it ALL sensor that are dead, ie x.y.z. if not, try swapping inputs to narrow it down to one sensor.

If all dead - do you have a service manual, or at least a schematic? - first thing to do would be to check power supply rails....

Andrew vk3bfa

Reply to
vk3bfa

You could try these people,

Scott-Baker Co.

14222 Caves Rd Novelty OH 44072 1-888-501-6799

They were able to get me a NewAll scale and adaptors to make it work on my obsolete Tri-onics DRO. Maybe they can get a head to work with your scales.

Thank You, Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.

Reply to
Randy

Here's another place you might try, Linear Measuring Systems. I've dealt with this company and was happy. He services the now defunct Sargon products and sells Jenix stuff new. He set me up with a couple Jenix scales and the adapters to make them work with my old Sargon display. He seemed quite well versed on other manufacturers also.

Regards Paul

Reply to
Paul

As has been suggested, it sounds like a power supply problem, which should be relatively easy to diagnose. The complexity of the power supply will depend on the type of display devices.

Most (1) DROs use TTL level encoders that are electrically cross-compatible. Connector and scale resolution compatibility are the other issues that need to be considered when mixing and matching.

(1) Not all; the Acurite Turnmate and Millmate DROs on my lathe and mill are exceptions. Most other Acurite systems are TTL level.

Reply to
Ned Simmons

Give Tim Barnard (Tim Barnard [ snipped-for-privacy@pacbell.net])a try. He sure made my life easier for me when my Enco DRO went out. The price was reasonable and he really helped out walking me through the installation process.

Jay Cups

Stupendous Man wrote:

Reply to
JayCups