Mounting a Mill-drill (Quill) DRO (Digital caliper)

So I bit the proverbial bullet and bought a digital caliper style DRO. I want to put it on the quill of my mill drill but I guess I don't quite understand something. I could mount the bottom bracket to the bottom of the quill and stationary mount the readout to the side, but can I leave the top unmounted without the bracket? Anyone have suggestions (or better yet, pictures? I learn by visual better than conceptual!)

-- Steve Worcester

Better Woodturning through Technology (And a hell of alotta practice)

Reply to
Steve Worcester

Check out these instructions from the little machine shop. They should give you some good ideas on mounting.

Howard Pickens, SC

Reply to
Howard R Garner