how do i make a paintball gun

i would like to now are there any plans for making a paint ball gun. my nephew would like to try his hand on the machines making something that interest him, and not me. thanks

Reply to
Asp3211968

i would like to find some plans too. got 2 kids who are interested in this. any help would be appreciated. thanks in advance. bill

Reply to
bill

Airsoft is getting to be pretty well developed as well. Now if Simunitions were not so damned expensive per cartridge.

Click on the red FX at the top of the page....

Gunner

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

- John Stewart Mill

Reply to
Gunner

Gunner,

i was looking into this as a project to do with my kids. got 2 of them [13 and 17] that like paintballs. i thought it might make a good thing to do some teaching with.

thanks for links. i like the minigun.

still looking half heartedly for plans. bill

state of moral and patriotic feeling

nothing for which he is willing to fight,

creature and has no chance of being

Reply to
bill

Dont dispair..I dropped an email to one of my customers, whos after work hobby is hardcore paint ball. I remember him telling me he had some prints for guns, so lets see what he will send me. Id sorta kinda like to try my hand at making one too.

Gunner

degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling

nothing for which he is willing to fight,

creature and has no chance of being

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

- John Stewart Mill

Reply to
Gunner

I'd be very interested in any details about the ASA fitting on the gas bottles. I searched all over the web but couldn't find specific details and dimensions (other than one page where the guy had measured them off a bottle, which I could do myself).

Also, if anyone knows where you can get ASA to anything else adapters, please post. I found a shop in CA that sells ASA to 1/8 NPT adapters at ~$10, but I'd like to comparison shop and to see if there's other types of fittings I can go to other than 1/8 NPT (which seems pretty standard in paintball).

......Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Case

ASA the thread is a 1/2 14 npt straight the hole of the npt is .750 plus minus .003 the bottom hole is .700 plus minus .002 the raised portion in the center is a .140 dia the .140 dia raises up .090 high the hole depth of the .750 dia is .375 if you want to make you own paint ball marker it would probably be easier to buy one then try to copy it the finishes in the holes are supper critical ( i use a roller burnish tool ) pbman

Reply to
<pbman

I have about ten gazillion powder charges from my drywall days. Can anyone suggest a way to make a .22 cal propelled paintball gun?

Steve

Reply to
Desert Traveler

You would have to use a discarding sabot, as the powder charge would simply explode the paint ball in the barrel, even if you opened the chamber up to release most of the pressure.

And it would be classified as a firearm, which are legal to make, but might cause you some legal grief if you discharged it in a city, etc.

Gunner

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

- John Stewart Mill

Reply to
Gunner

Sims sting a might. I've taken two in my left arm -wrist and atop the bone of the upper arm- through a flannel shirt, and got small discoloerations. One in the fleshy part of the upper arm when hanging relaxed, 2 1/2 bruise with lots of colors which lasted a week or two. One in the neck, fair amount of blood and a pink "tatto" that lasted about a month. One in the right check through the beard, more blood.

Now, you ought to see the paintball recoiless rifle & mortar in action...

Reply to
John Keeney

Ive been on a couple Sim ranges in tactical training. As the manufactures say, as do every instructor Ive worked with or had...pain helps you learn faster. And getting shot with a Sim round is far more educational in training, than a live round in the same place on the street.

Ive been thinking about how to make a paintball claymore...seems to be a need for such, looking though the literature....might be saleable. Something along the lines of the Millitruse....

Gunner

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

- John Stewart Mill

Reply to
Gunner

There's an idea. Mount them on the broadsides of your vehicle, Vietnam-style and use them to train car-chasing dogs (:

Reply to
Jim Stewart

For the car-chasers, I made up a "Car-chaser re-education module". Ya know the simple extinguishers that you put water in (additives optional) and about 125 psi of air? *Very* educational to the intended victim, I mean student. Good for some hearty laughs too. Trouble being, the entertainment does not show up for the show after a bit, no enthusiasm apparently.

michael

Reply to
michael

We put gunny sacks on the hubcaps. It usually only took once of getting hooked up in one for a dog to quit chasing cars. If the dog survived, that is.

Steve

Reply to
Desert Traveler

My dad did it with a softball, he used to ride to work with a neighbour a half mile down the road. Walking home, he would encounter puppy doing his thing, so he took to carrying the softball with him. One afternoon, sure enough, he heard puppy comeing, hid behind a shrub, and as puppy went by, let go with a fastball to the ribs. Three somersaults and a ground loop, puppy picked himself up, slunk home and swore off chasing cars forever. My most favoured tactic was to open the door as the dog approached the front wheel - cured a few this way. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

Claymores have been done. Used a couple last month.

I've been thinking about a cross between a propane simulated gun (the nice bang & flame) and paintball. It would be good for the technical.

Reply to
John Keeney

Did they simply spew a couple pints of paint, or do they blow out a collection of paint balls? The ones Ive seen so far simply spewed some streams of paint.

Im thinking about something that works very much like a real claymore and launches a collection of either paint balls or airsoft paint bbs via a charge of C02 and a couple dozen barrels, machined in a block of plastic, each barrel holding a number of balls or bbs. Probably by the use of a bursting membrane over a fast acting valve.

Ayup. Read some interesting stuff on the efforts to make paint grenades. with smoke effects.

Gunner

"At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child - miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosphy of sniveling brats." -- P.J. O'Rourke

Reply to
Gunner

Reminds me of an article I read somewhere about a special very-fast-repeating burst gun for shooting down incoming missiles and that sort of thing.

It worked by having several barrels, each of which was loaded with a long cartridge. The cartridge contained several tens of bullets, each with a propellant charge behind, stacked end on end. A disposable electrical detonator in each propellant charge was wired to an electrode on the side of each propellant charge.

The gun electronically fired each round in the cartridge in turn (from front to back of course!), with the only limits on firing rate being heating and letting the compressed gasses from the last explosion clear the barrel (firing into a higher pressure would rob the bullet of some acceleration, I suppose). I presume there was also a shock absorbing layer between rounds in the cartridge to prevent the explosion shock wave propogating through the bullet behind the one just fired and setting off the next propellant.

Anyway, it had several barrels arranged in a square grid in the same block of metal, each barrel carrying a multi-round cartridge. They all fired at once, creating a compact cloud of flying lead (ISTR the rounds cleared the barrels 10m or so apart, the repeat rate was that high) that would have the 'hit stuff without having to be too accurate' property of a shotgun, but over much longer ranges.

Ahah:

I want one!

ABS

Reply to
Alaric B Snell

I, personally, haven't handled them. I know they were included in the kill zone trap but I was busy else where.

Remember, this is "training", we don't want to really hurt them and anything hard over the cover is a hazard.

Reply to
John Keeney

On Thu, 04 Sep 2003 06:15:50 GMT, Gunner wrote something ......and in reply I say!:

Wot a self-justifying, jingoistic POS. If I did not have to fight the guy who felt he had to fight me and others to "make life worth living" (read "get more from me by force than he can either afford to pay for or which I am willing to sell for his price or give"), then we would not have to fight.

Fighting has two sides....defence (the one always used by you Gunner to justify all killing) and offence (the one that starts it all, and which arguably generates the most weapons)

****************************************************************************************** Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach. The rest sit around and make snide comments.

Nick White --- HEAD:Hertz Music Please remove ns from my header address to reply via email !!

Reply to
Old Nick