Fitting a DRO to a round column mill drill

I have a round column RF25/ZX25 clone mill drill to which I fitted a cheap Chinese vertical digital scale to the quill some years ago which works well apart from the display not being very clear. Recently I bought a 3 axis glass scale DRO kit on eBay but the one for the quill appears to be rather awkward to fit. Ideally I would like to keep the existing scale but couple it to the DRO readout box.

Does anyone know of an interface device that will convert the output from the scale to the type of output from glass scales? Failing that does anyone have pictures or details of fitting a glass scale to the quill of a RF25 clone?

Bob

Reply to
BobKellock