Electric motor NEMA frame guide

Awl--
I was going to pester the group for exactly the table I found below--aww by myself, iffin you can imagine dat... Armaggeddon must be near....
http://www.electricmotorwarehouse.com/NEMA_frame_info.htm
Anyways, I think this might remove *some* of the mystery of motor replacement, and expand one's options, at least dimension-wise, which in one of my cases is pretty important. HTH--you as well as me! ---------------------------- Mr. P.V.'d formerly Droll Troll
Yeah, I outdid myself!!
What a handy thing to have! You'll proly find the Baldor pdf more useful than the table that comes up below--you'll see it. If you can stand pdf's.... In this case, it is worth it.
For example, did you know that the *shaft diameter* is in fact part of the "frame specification"??? As are keyway dims, etc.!
In my VFD query, someone mentioned that I might could do with a 145T frame (143T is oem). They were exactly correct, and in fact it is the ONLY substitutable frame possible, in this case, unless I want to bush up/down shafts, etc.
Not clear, tho, whether the "cast iron-finned" spec is a part of this, or internal/external cooling/totally enclosed, etc. I think these might be add'l specs, but I'm not sure. Anyone know?
Anyway, for anyone replacing motors, this should be a big help. ---------------------------- Mr. P.V.'d formerly Droll Troll

snipped-for-privacy@erols.com says...

The motor construction, materials, etc., are not part of the NEMA frame spec. It only insures that, for example, any 143T motor will bolt up in place of another 143T. In other words, it's a dimensional spec, not a guarantee that the motors are functionally compatible.
Ned Simmons

Interesting , thanks for the link although it seems to refer to 'regular' motors and doesn't cover the NEMA 23 and 34 stepper motor standards which I am currently interested in.
Thanks anyway ;-).
--
Larry Green

Add those specs to what I googled on: electric motors frame guide no quotes; or put in various quotes to narrow things down. The above link was 3rd on the list.
--
Mr. P.V.'d