K56 motor frame?

What does it mean exactly when a motor has frame specified as K56? It
is a regular foot mount motor, though I am not sure if it has a special
shaft (because presently it is mounted on a machine and the shaft is
inside a VS pulley).
I thought to swap it for a 3 phase motor with a drive, to make it go
slower when necessary. It is on a drill press.
Reply to
Loading thread data ...
Don't trust this, because it's from memory, but a couple of firing synapses remind me that "K" series motors are cap-start/cap-run. And 56 should refer to the size.
There ought to be a size/type chart somewhere on the Web that describes it.
-- Ed Huntress
Reply to
Ed Huntress
"model number beginning with K (i.e., K48 or K56) and will have a run capacitor mounted on the exterior of the motor"
Reply to
On Sun, 20 Sep 2009 14:40:05 -0500, the infamous Ignoramus14955 scrawled the following:
Does this help?
formatting link
-- The scientific theory I like best is that the rings of Saturn are composed entirely of lost airline luggage. --Mark Russell
Reply to
Larry Jaques
Adding http:// makes it a clickable link.
formatting link
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

PolyTech Forum website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.