K56 motor frame?

What does it mean exactly when a motor has frame specified as K56? It is a regular foot mount motor, though I am not sure if it has a special shaft (because presently it is mounted on a machine and the shaft is inside a VS pulley).

I thought to swap it for a 3 phase motor with a drive, to make it go slower when necessary. It is on a drill press.

Ignoramus14955

Don't trust this, because it's from memory, but a couple of firing synapses remind me that "K" series motors are cap-start/cap-run. And 56 should refer to the size.

There ought to be a size/type chart somewhere on the Web that describes it.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

"model number beginning with K (i.e., K48 or K56) and will have a run capacitor mounted on the exterior of the motor"

MikeB

Reply to
MikeB

On Sun, 20 Sep 2009 14:40:05 -0500, the infamous Ignoramus14955 scrawled the following:

Does this help?

-- The scientific theory I like best is that the rings of Saturn are composed entirely of lost airline luggage. --Mark Russell

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Adding http:// makes it a clickable link.

Michael A. Terrell