Enco "Ball Bearing" Super Duty Drill Chuck

In the latest Enco flyer, I noticed they had these new Enco brand Ball Bearing Drill Chucks. I need to buy a new chuck for a cheap 9x20 lathe, and these look decently priced. About 35-40% the price of the Jacobs ball bearing chucks.

Anyone have first-hand experience with these chucks?

Thanks!

Reply to
No Spam

RichD

Reply to
No Spam

I've had good luck with Super Ball Bearing Jacobs from ebay. Stick to the clean looking ones.

Reply to
ATP*

they don't grip evenly, and then the drill bits start to slip. probably fine for wood work, but not for much metal work. I replaced the two i had pretty quickly with a Rohm keyless, and a Jacobs ball bearing instead. MUCH better results.

Reply to
joel