enco mill/drill machine model 91003

Looking for a manual for a enco mill/drill machine, model 91003, manufactured 1982, really would like spindle speed chart, this machine has 4 sets of pulleys

Reply to
gjkrings

Looking for a manual for a enco mill/drill machine, model 91003, manufactured 1982, really would like spindle speed chart, this machine has 4 sets of pulleys =============================== If you don't find the manual, the pulley diameter that matters for calculating the speed ratios is at the belt cords whose edges you may see just inside the thick side.

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

There is an old manual here:

but I didn't see any speed settings while scanning through it...

Reply to
Leon Fisk

thanks, yes that is similar to my machine with the 4 pulley set up, looked thru it and did not find the spindle speed chart, but still very helpful with the parts list and diagrams, thanks again Gary

Reply to
gjkrings

I usually leave my mill set at 600 RPM to get 80 FPM at the tips of a 1/2" HSS end mill. That's not too slow for a quick job with a 1/8" end mill. The pulley size ratio is 1 to 3.

Reply to
Jim Wilkins