ER Collet Supplier in Canada?

Anyone know a Canadian-based supplier that stocks ER-style collets and takes credit cards?

I've got lots of Canadian customers looking for collets and I spend a fortune shipping them from the USA... Would gladly drop ship from a supplier up "there" if they exist and don't kill me with their prices.

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022

01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills:
Spindle Drills:
V8013-R
Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

Why don't you order them from Israel? That's where ETM collets are made. Israelis are often easy to do business with.

Grant

Reply to
Grant Erwin

???

I'm trying to SAVE on shipping to Canada... Is Israel to Canada cheaper than USA to Canada? ...Or am I missing a joke here somewhere?

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

KBC, which is basically a US company, runs several warehouses in Canada, and ships direct.

I believe. I've had good experiences dealing with them, so far. One of my favourite retail sources for that kind of thing is Atlas Machinery Supply on Queen St. in Toronto. Not super cheap, but excellent service, nice people.
Adam Smith, Midland, Ontario, Canada

Reply to
Adam Smith

I have the same problem getting Israeli goods here in Palestine. Some bad feelings somewhere I guess.

Reply to
Dixon

Depends on the duty doesn't it. Might be a free zone between them or low tax...

But with north American trade laws - one would think it is not an issue.

MSC has them.

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net TSRA, Life; NRA LOH & Endowment Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot"s Medal. NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member.

Joe AutoDrill wrote:

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

KBC Tools, Thomas Skinner and Sons, Both full line tool suppliers.

I have a couple of these guys catalogs at work, and am sure that they have a Canadian distributor.

Cheers Trevor Jones

Reply to
Trevor Jones

Amazing to me how stupid those Canadians can be sometimes.

May be all the beer, perhaps.

Reply to
Jeffrey Lebowski

Watch your language. Our beer does not taste like water and we have more oil than you do.

Reply to
CNC Solutions

Partly. Delivery timeframe is another... Plus it costs me time to have to fax a copy of a commercial invoice for customs, etc.

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

My brother in law worked at a border crossing in Alberta for a while. Average was about three or four carloads a week looking for the nearest ski hill, in August. Stupid has no nationality, it's overpopulating everywhere.

Most likely bet, is that the people buying the product from Joe have no background in machine tools, and thus have no idea what is available in their own area that will fit, or in fact, that the collets are an ordinary off the shelf item. Joe is at least looking to save his clients a bit of coin, which is more than can be said about many companies, that would be using the sale of collets as a profit center in their business.

Cheers Trevor Jones

Reply to
Trevor Jones

What? No ski slopes are open in August?!? I've got to cancel some trip plans....

Thanks for the vote of confidence... Most of the folks I'm supplying know what a drill press is and how to use it. I sell them this fancy multiple spindle head to go on their drill press (or Bridgeport, etc.) and they are suddenly exposed to the world of collets - never having used anything other than a key-type chuck in their life.

The CNC guys who buy the heads know what a collet is and don't ask me where to get them...

The guys who mount these buggers directly to a motor are usually resourceful enough to know where to get collets, but you'd be surprised and some of the calls I get.

When they spin a tool in the collet, they realize that runout is no longer .0005" and they need new collets. They call me.

The other scenario is that I don't have the collets in stock when I ship the gang drill heads and I've got to make sure the collets "meet" my product at the customer's location rather than holding up the shipment for a few days while I ship them to myself and then package them in with my product...

It's more about efficiency for me and cost for them. I have no free time to speak of... And the only reason I spend time here is because I consider these little exercises my official breaks for sanity purposes.

Everyone else in my industry seems to be dying off... And yet we grow 50% a year here... If I can't really keep up now, what will it be like in 6 months to a year?!?

Oh well, back to work I go.

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022

01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills:
Spindle Drills:
V8013-R
Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

I have always found it amazing that a country that is more liberal than the US actually drills for oil and harvests timber off of government lands.

Are there enviro wacko groups in your country that attempt to stop your government from "raping the earth" in wacko speak?

One night in Ste. Therese I tried to sample every beer Molson made. I didn't make it. So if you were in a restaurant near the Freightliner plant near closing, I was in that group singing "American Pie" at the top of our lungs.

Wes

Reply to
clutch