Everede mill head?

I'm back, with a mighty computer and WinXP (I like it, which suprises me..).

Anyway, I helped a friend out hauling auction purchases and ended up with some goodies, among which is what looks like an end mill head. Everede brand, probably WWII vintage, and in very good condition. The thing is different from anything I've seen, as there's two directions of travel in the housing; one adjusts the distance from the center point under the head (in thousandths, aboput 4" of travel) and the other causes the spindle to orbit around that center point (graduated in 1/60 of a degree- that's what, minutes of arc?) No provision for vertical travel.

1/2 hp motor, lots o' pulleys to give rpms from about 360 to 4000 and a collet in the spindle that'll accept shanks about 1/2".

All in all, it's a nice looking piece- but what do I do with it?

John

Reply to
JohnM

Repost, maybe it didn't get out..

Reply to
JohnM

A Google search says it's a die maker's rotary head.

Looks like fun to play with- mount it on a horizontal mill as a replacement for a rotary table. The only problem might be the one I'm having with my orphan Eklind milling head. Collets or endmill holders aren't available.

Kevin Gallimore

Reply to
axolotl

Yeah, that's it. I thought I googled fairly well on this one, but it must be I didn't because I didn't find anything.. I know what it's called now- thank you for the help.

John

Reply to
JohnM