Boxford shaper - loose (?) drive shaft

I am renovating a 6" Boxford shaper which is turning out to be in wonderful condition.

The only significant defect (if it is a defect) is that the driven shaft (the one driven by the motor belt) slops around. I wonder if any other Boxford user can say if this is normal.

The only other defect is a single tooth missing from the table auto-feeed gear. I will use the shaper to cut a new gear once I've sorted out the driven shaft.

Reply to
charles adams