FA: 6 head gang drill press

Hey guys, I've finally gotten around to putting this machine on ebay. Let me know if you have any questions, or need better pictures.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item (0038224770&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih8
BTW, the columns just unbolt if you would like to mount them to something else.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item (0038224770&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih8
Hate to burst your bubble, but I see multi drills often at my local used machine companies. They usually go for a couple hundred or less, and they sit. Unless somebody has a specific need, they aren't worth much. You'd be better off splitting them up into singles if you can get the parts. Good luck.

I attended an auction recently where a 5 head drill went for $100. Nobody wanted it.
Ivan Vegvary

True indeed. Here in California..So Cal..a 5 or 6 head of Deltas or Rockwells will average about $500 for really good drills.
Btw..the nice old cast iron drill press tables make really sweet welding tables.
I just was given 2 Delta Hi-Speed Precision Drill Presses, that came off a gang drill unit. Unfortunately..I didnt pay much attention at the time..1/3hp...208 3 Phase motors....
Sigh
But they are nice.
Gunner
Gunner wrote:

So? That just means you need three sets of hamsters running on wheels instead of one. Just watch out for one of them getting tired and losing a phase. ;-)
prove it.
On Tue, 17 Oct 2006 03:25:35 GMT, "Michael A. Terrell"

Hummmmm! Indeed! Damn....now I got to provide better medical, dental, food and water and a safer working environement for them.
Shit..if only a third votes to unionize..and goes out on strike...Im finished.
Shit.
ah...anyone got any plans for a good bow drill?
Gunner
Gunner wrote:

http://www.bio.brandeis.edu/fieldbio/Survival/Pages/bowdrill.html http://www.wildwoodsurvival.com/survival/fire/bowdrill/pmoc/basicbowdrill.html And just in case you can't find the parts to make one http://www.survivalschool.com/products/fire_starting/Bow_Drill_Kit.htm Joe

Got the Gerbil Power mods, or should I ask Richard Gere?
Gunner
Gunner wrote:

You think too small. Open a health spa so fat women pay you to let them run on your custom designed and built, self powered treadmills, then use the excess electricity for your tools. ;-)
prove it.

Fat women don't use treadmills. :)
Dave Lyon wrote:

There are ways. That nice dress she wants is only available two sizes too small, and she is going to her high school reunion?
prove it.
I would be interested in one head

Ignoramus5411 wrote:

left yourself wide open there.... chuckles

just a little gag........

Let
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item (0038224770&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih8
something
be
For somebody that hates to burst my bubble, you sure did a good job. :)
Do you think it would do better if I unbolted the heads and sold them separately? Then I could just scrap the table.

I can just imagine my glee to find this set-up if I had such an operation, but... You might be much better parting them out but then you're keeping the chucks? That makes it tougher. Why keep the chucks? The tap head I understand. These are good iron if they aren't whooped but then there's no tables for the single user. I feel for you, it's a GREAT albatros. If you do part them out, they're easily shipable. That makes if easier for anybody to buy them.

Let
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item (0038224770&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih8
something
be
OK guys. I guess just because I gave lots of money for it years ago, doesn't mean it has the same value today. I went back to the auction and lowered the starting bid to $625.00. I just can't take any less for it.
If it doesn't sell, I'll give it to someplace that I can take a tax write off from. Anybody know of a school or something that could use it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item (0038224770&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih8
Let's assume the gang did the job for years and more than paid for itself. Feel good about that and raise a glass to it. Anything you get for it is gravy and the floor space is valuable. I know, I've reluctantly parted with some good old iron friends and never looked back.

write
with
Yep. I bought it for a specific job. I had CNC's at the time, but it was actually faster to do it on the drill press. I ran the job for a few years, and now it's gone. The machine more than paid for it's self.
I've decided to donate it. I can still claim it's worth $3,000 which will save me $1,000 in taxes. Plus, somebody can still get some use out of it.
Let me know if you guys know of a worthy cause.

See if you have any incubators in your area. Maybe some start-up business could love it for you or you for it.