fa - new proportioning air/hydraulic servo valve (HR Textron RDDV)

There was some discussion a little while back about some precision control of air or hydraulic pistons - I don't remember which - anyway, this valve
that I ran across is directly applicable - very cool valve (detailed description in the listing, I won't take up space here)
here's the link http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&itemu42065234
--
Bill

also check out http://www.wbnoble.com
On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 19:05:12 -0700, "william_b_noble"

In that listing you describe a hydraulic valve (5000 PSI, 1 GPM) but the mfrs lit describes a pneumatic device.
sorry, you are right - I was careless in what I posted. I was thinking at the time I wrote this of a proportioning valve used in aircraft servos (I can't remember the name, the valve drove a "modulating piston" with an LVDT for rate feedback, and the mod piston drove the actuator) - you are right that this valve is pneumatic - did you notice the 80 Hz frequency response? that's enough to use it to drive one heck of a subwoofer (or a super stiff servo)