FA: Start of Harris Steam Roller Model

I bought this at an estate sale some years back. A nice head-start on Harris' Steam Roller:

Thanks, Wally

Reply to
wallyblackburn

Post some progress pictures as you make it.

Wes

Reply to
clutch

Wes sez:

I think he wants to sell it, not finish it and send pix.

Bob Swinney

Reply to
Robert Swinney

I sent out a cancel message just after figuring that out. Didn't look like it worked so well.

Wes

Reply to
clutch

It won't -- except in a spotty fashion. Forged cancel messages have been used to terrorize certain newsgroups, so many news servers no longer honor them.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols
[snip]

[snip]

Ah for the good old days when the internet was still civilized.

Wes

Reply to
clutch

Most of the major news servers stopped honoring cancels several years ago. Seems it was around the year 2000 or so last time I had a cancel that propagated very widely.

Jump down about halfway to the "Enforcement" section for a look back. Even in September '99 news admins were beginning to ignore cancels.

Reply to
Steve Ackman