Food grade O rings?

Folks,
Does anyone have a source for food grade O rings? I found one online and
sent an inquiry. I was ignored. Any leads appreciated.
Harold
Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos
It is a matter of species, of which nitrile and EPDM are approved. There is no "gradient" to make any given item food "grade", as if it were a matter of a continuous variable like purity.
Richard J Kinch
Thank you. My needs are considerably larger than those offered.
Harold
Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos
While your comments are somewhat on target, there is apparently a prescribed procedure and given components that are incorporated that constitute food grade. This link alludes to the idea. They offer food grade rubber in sheet form, but not O rings.
Harold
Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos
Try:
E.T. Associates 231 Newfield Ave. Hartford, CT 06106 Phone: 860-953-2020
Best Regards Tom.
Reply to
Azotic
McMaster carries FDA compliant o-rings in Buna, Viton, silicone and EPDM. IDs up to 26".
Reply to
Ned Simmons
Overcooked calamari?
Reply to
Buerste
My preferred food grade O rings are onion rings.
Ignoramus14646

News Reader
Thanksgiving dinner ought to be interesting at your house!
Reply to
Stupendous Man
Harold's famous turkey sphincters, mmmmm
Reply to
Buerste
I wonder if the "O" rings they use on male sheep are food grade?
Paul
Reply to
co_farmer
is a site of a manufacturer. My search was: NSF food "o" ring and returned many results which should provide you with all you seek.
dennis in nca
Reply to
rigger
I think Thiokol has some fairly large spare o rings laying around...not too good in the freezer, though... JR Dweller in the cellar
Harold and Susan Vordos wrote:
Reply to
JR North
Try any restaurant equipment firm. Most cities have at least one. They will be able to supply them as parts.
Steve R. (Former fast food joint manager)
Reply to
Steve R.
Thanks for all the leads and grins, guys. I should be able to narrow this thing down now.
My search for food grade O rings, alone, yielded poor results. No imagination on my part, it appears.
"Harold's famous turkey sphincters, mmmmm"
Hmmmmm! Food for thought! :-)
Harold
Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos
Here's a fun one, print it out full sized, tape it on a can of something and leave it in a friend's pantry
can email it if the photo site image won't do.
Reply to
Stupendous Man
On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 05:27:23 GMT, the infamous "Harold and Susan Vordos" scrawled the following:
Ick! I wouldn't have put it _quite_ that way, 'Arry.
-- If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves. -- Thomas A. Edison
Reply to
Larry Jaques
They're a bit small, JR. :-)
Harold
Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos
Nice thought, but they're too tough. ;-)
Harold
Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos