Food grade O rings?

Folks, Does anyone have a source for food grade O rings? I found one online and sent an inquiry. I was ignored. Any leads appreciated.

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

It is a matter of species, of which nitrile and EPDM are approved. There is no "gradient" to make any given item food "grade", as if it were a matter of a continuous variable like purity.

Richard J Kinch

Thank you. My needs are considerably larger than those offered.

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

While your comments are somewhat on target, there is apparently a prescribed procedure and given components that are incorporated that constitute food grade. This link alludes to the idea. They offer food grade rubber in sheet form, but not O rings.

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

Try:

E.T. Associates

231 Newfield Ave. Hartford, CT 06106 Phone: 860-953-2020

Best Regards Tom.

Reply to
Azotic

McMaster carries FDA compliant o-rings in Buna, Viton, silicone and EPDM. IDs up to 26".

Reply to
Ned Simmons

Overcooked calamari?

Reply to
Buerste

My preferred food grade O rings are onion rings.

Ignoramus14646

Reply to
News Reader

Thanksgiving dinner ought to be interesting at your house!

Reply to
Stupendous Man

Harold's famous turkey sphincters, mmmmm

Reply to
Buerste

I wonder if the "O" rings they use on male sheep are food grade?

Paul

Reply to
co_farmer

is a site of a manufacturer. My search was: NSF food "o" ring and returned many results which should provide you with all you seek.

dennis in nca

Reply to
rigger

I think Thiokol has some fairly large spare o rings laying around...not too good in the freezer, though... JR Dweller in the cellar

Harold and Susan Vordos wrote:

Reply to
JR North

Try any restaurant equipment firm. Most cities have at least one. They will be able to supply them as parts.

Steve R. (Former fast food joint manager)

Reply to
Steve R.

Thanks for all the leads and grins, guys. I should be able to narrow this thing down now.

My search for food grade O rings, alone, yielded poor results. No imagination on my part, it appears.

"Harold's famous turkey sphincters, mmmmm"

Hmmmmm! Food for thought! :-)

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

Here's a fun one, print it out full sized, tape it on a can of something and leave it in a friend's pantry

can email it if the photo site image won't do.

Reply to
Stupendous Man

On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 05:27:23 GMT, the infamous "Harold and Susan Vordos" scrawled the following:

Ick! I wouldn't have put it _quite_ that way, 'Arry.

-- If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves. -- Thomas A. Edison

Reply to
Larry Jaques

They're a bit small, JR. :-)

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

Nice thought, but they're too tough. ;-)

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos