Food grade O rings?

The onion might screw up the product.

I like mine with that nice special dipping sauce. :-)

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

Heh!

You have no idea.

How many make chestnut and sausage dressing for their turkey? Beats the hell out of sage dressing. Coupled with freshly prepared cranberries, there is no equal.

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

I'd suggest removal before snacking. ;-)

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

You obviously have never been to Onalaska, or Lewis County.

Thanks for the idea, though. I appreciate the thought.

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

Can I assume the invitation to dine is being declined? :-)

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

I think Larry likes "Turkey sphincters" but he just wants to lick off the basting juices. I keep telling him to wait until they are cooked!

(and you thought you were safe with "food-grade O-rings"!)

Reply to
Buerste

On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 19:06:44 GMT, the infamous "Harold and Susan Vordos" scrawled the following:

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww! You Greeks'll eat anything, won't you?

-- If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves. -- Thomas A. Edison

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Bit of a savage he is, Larry.

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

Not quite *anything*, if you get my drift. :-)

Harold and Susan Vordos

On Wed, 12 Nov 2008 03:49:29 GMT, the infamous "Harold and Susan Vordos" scrawled the following:

Not like those Oheeeeeeo lesbiens, eh? Ay, carumba!

-- If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves. -- Thomas A. Edison

Reply to
Larry Jaques

We built piston pumps for food products for years (salad dressings etc) and always used Buna N "O rings" with a food grade lubricant.

What is so special in this application?

Dave

Reply to
Dave B

If I told you I'd have to kill you! :-)

No big deal, just contact with ethyl alcohol---home brew variety. It would be nice to not introduce tastes or chemicals. Sounds like Buna N is the word. I know it's approved for that application, just wasn't sure about the food contact part. Thanks, Dave.

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

Acid, alkali, oil, ethanol are all in 'food' products, and I've seen a lot of food-grade equipment that had to tolerate live steam (for cleaning).

So, the subject of compatible seals is a big one. Not just O rings, because the crevices in the standard grooves have to be cleanable, which is a significant nuisance in the usual O-ring design. Even if the elastic material is compatible, NSF requirements for cleaning might be hard to satisfy.

At a winery tour, I saw a lot of small vats and a forklift. The vintner explained that he didn't use pumps, because 'eventually a seal will leak'. He did it all by gravity-feed, using the palletized vats and the forklift to arrange the elevation for liquid transfers.

Reply to
whit3rd