FOR WHY ?!?

For why you not tell me?

This 1144 stuff is awesome. It machines easier than aluminum. Darn close to as easy as cast iron. And its pretty strong too.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Stress-Proof is Awesome! stuff. You fell less stress just working with it.

Reply to
Cross-Slide

Cross-Slide fired this volley in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

You workin' with rod or plate? I can't find it (and don't even know if it's available) in plate or ground plate.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

I never heard of it other than rod. Plates would be better than sliced bread...

Reply to
Cross-Slide

Cross-Slide fired this volley in news:2a2b9a49-396f- snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

That's why I asked!

I've never heard of it in any other form, either.

Lloyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

I looked for plate also. Didn't find any. All I found was rod.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

PrecisionmachinisT

Simple google search :

Plate - look at the blue AISI... specs and chemical.

Plate to 1.5" more or less.

many other istes have this steel.

Not very hard, but 3x that of A36 Hot rolled steel.

Martin

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

I did find a few outfits like that who were basically call for quote for "1144esque" metals, but none were a little guy like me can just buy pieces. Most were in China so I just assume container loads only. I'ld have to make an awfully lot of parts to afford that at any price.

Reply to
Bob La Londe