form tools for wire bending

Would anyone know how to make form tools, for a wire bending jig I would like to make. The jig is required to produce small radius bends in the same plane The idea I have at the moment is to sandwich material together and turn the required form in the lathe, but I wondered if there was another way?

TIA

Lee.

Reply to
shedfull

I took a scrap piece of 3x3x3/8 angle iron so I can lock it in the vise. On the top I drilled and tapped a bazillion 3/8 diameter holes. I didn't spend any time laying em out. I have a bucket of old mismatched sockets that I use to fill mine and others' sets when needed. I can usually find some holes, bolts, bolts through sockets, etc to allow me to get some nice uniform bends on wire or strap for hooks and loops and hangers and "stuff".

Hope this helps.

DanG

Ah I should have said, its music wire I'm wanting to bend,

Ive seen the pin and plate type benders but Im thinking of just pushing the wire into a jig and pressing the edge of a shaped plate (in a jig) onto the wire to make the bends. I know I'll have to cater for springback in the shape of the form etc.

I'm hoping that this will be easier to keep the bends flat and be quicker as I may have a few to do.

TIA

Lee

Reply to
shedfull