From flowchart to ladder

On 4/28/2012 8:37 AM, RogerN wrote: ...

A source of value...

I've followed Jack's "Embedded Muse" from its inception--interesting ideas come through frequently and the tales of experience are worth the look if for no other reason...

Not directly applicable to PLCs but if you're writing embedded code or otherwise involved w/ hardware/software interfacing, it's good stuff...

From a distant past, did a lot of work for Remotec on early versions of what evolved into the Andros Mark V robots. The specific version we shipped was for man-replacement use in commercial nuclear power plants and was equipped w/ a manipulator or optional instrumentation package. It was three Motorola 68k's (two onboard/one operator console) in VME bus running under CP/M w/ the control software written in Forth...

That was about 10 years prior to this press release when Remotec was still a relatively new startup...

--

Reply to
dpb

On 4/28/2012 9:46 AM, dpb wrote: ...

Dang time goes by...that would have been more like 20 years earlier when did that work...

--

Reply to
dpb

Here are some links to get you started:

Michael A. Terrell

"Michael A. Terrell" fired this volley in news:LYWdnSZafJfowALSnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

One of those (other links, too) really shouldn't be too hard to re-write to a full RS274 version!

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

'Open Source', or for profit?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

"Michael A. Terrell" fired this volley in news:ktydneb3OpSKBTzSnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

'pends upon your priorities, no?

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

My priorities are new roofs for the shop & laundry building, and keeping up with repairs around the house for the foreseeable future. Things go to hell when you can't do anything for a couple years. :(

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell