FS -- 10 HP 3 phase Reliance motor

new in box

1725 RPM IIRC

Reliance Duty Master

I am fed up with ebay, would prefer to sell right here.

Reply to
Ignoramus9283

That's going to be a rather heavy box. "Here, Catch!"

Hint: People need a few more clues, like frame size, shaft size and type, voltage(s), type of enclosure (Open air over, Open Dripproof, TEFC), unit is shipping or pick-up from (IIRC) Chicago IL, etc., etc., etc.

You know better, Iggy! Make like you are putting this on E-bay because a customer here would need to know all this too.

Just copy off everything on the motor data plate and put it in the post - people who are interested and think they can make use of the motor can go find a manufacturer's picture of it.

If you need something special like perhaps a 50 HP 480V vertical shaft drip-proof drop-shaft deep well motor, there is no other replacement but another matching motor.

Had a customer lose one of those recently as he hit the "Start" button from 20 feet away, I'm told it was a wonderful big gout of flame coming out the end-shell for a few seconds, till the fuses finally let go. And LOUD...

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

Has a mini pallet on the bottom.

It is not that heavy, like all 10 HP motors it weighs maybe 130 lbs.

Sorry.

I think that it is 1725 RPM, ODP, continuous duty, 215T frame motor. Cast iron frame. Free pickup in Lisle, IL, price is $200 (rec.crafts.metalworking special). Specs subject to verification.

UPS shipping at cost also, it will be pricey but UPS will take it.

Ignoramus9283

How much?

Would make a Great RPC "Confiscating wealth from those who have earned it, inherited it, or got lucky is never going to help 'the poor.' Poverty isn't caused by some people having more money than others, just as obesity isn't caused by McDonald's serving super-sized orders of French fries Poverty, like obesity, is caused by the life choices that dictate results." - John Tucci,

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Id have loved to seen the video of that one.

Saw a 660 volt motor on a steam generator here in the oil patch go west once. Very pretty..most spectacter.

And louder than the genny itself..and thats saying a lot

Gunner

"Confiscating wealth from those who have earned it, inherited it, or got lucky is never going to help 'the poor.' Poverty isn't caused by some people having more money than others, just as obesity isn't caused by McDonald's serving super-sized orders of French fries Poverty, like obesity, is caused by the life choices that dictate results." - John Tucci,

Reply to
Gunner Asch

200 USA dollars. I used to sell them for $250 in new condition. I priced it cheaper than any comparable motor available as buy it now on ebay.

yep.

My RPC has a 10HP motor as one of the idlers. The other is 7.5 HP.

Ignoramus9283

I saw a 5 HP motor vibrating badly due to bad bearing... Not a pretty picture.

Reply to
Ignoramus9283

On Mon, 25 Aug 2008 12:34:51 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, Ignoramus9283 quickly quoth:

The big question: Can Ms. UPS lift it onto her truck?

-- Smokey the Bear's rules for fire safety should apply to government: Keep it small, keep it in a confined area, and keep an eye on it. --John Stossel in _Myths, Lies, and Downright Stupidity_

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Yes, she can.

Reply to