FS: 1943 "Machine Shop Operations"

for sale:
1943 American Technical Society's "Machine Shop Operations" by Barritt/
Larson; this is a full-size hardbound item that is almost 2" thick;
plenty of illustrations w/ some occasional photos. War-time publishing
date, this was used as a training manual for the neophyte machinist, and
covers a wide variety of setups and operations, fully illustrated and
described, makes an excellent source of reference. Hundreds of setups/
operations are described step-by-step for the drillpress, lathe, shaper,
planer, horizontal boring mill, vertical boring mill, slotter, milling
machine, grinders; also good sections on measuring tools, layout, bench
work and floor work.
book is in VERY nice condition, inside and out! i'm guessing about 4 -
500 pages total; an excellent reference work for the beginning machinist
that will guide you thru hundreds of useful operations; this book was
created to "simplify and shorten the training period", probably for new
machinists during the WWII era, many coming to new jobs in the defense
plants.
Collectible AND useful, this one will be used often on your bench!
$25.00 + actual USPS shipping charges w/ mandatory confirmation &
optional insurance; email any questions.
tnx in advance!
barry
carson city, nv
Reply to
barry
If it hasn't been spoken for yet I will take it please.
Errol Groff
Reply to
Errol Groff
I would love to have this book...but none of my machines are that new.
Reply to
Tom Gardner
On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 20:33:51 GMT, Errol Groff brought forth from the murky depths:
Errol, have Barry send it via book rate. It'll come to $3 instead of UPS' probable $20. (My copy of McMaster-Carr catalog came to $3.02 via media mail last week)
Comprehensive Website Development
Reply to
Larry Jaques
On Sun, 07 Mar 2004 00:52:08 GMT, "Tom Gardner" brought forth from the murky depths:
I thought it looked like a good investment so I got the crowbars out and tickled my wallet for this Ebay buy last night. #3800923658 $7.99 for 2 books, delivered.