HOmebrew D1-4 chuck adapter completed

Was quite a project that took more time than I had ainticipated, but it turned out great. Fits like a glove. Used O-1 drill rod to make the locking cam studs and HRS plate to make the plate. I have a 5" Yuasa adjust tru type chuck monted on it now, and once I get two more allen head cap screrws to mount it to the back plate I will finish playing with the final adjustment. Right now I have hex head bolts securing it, and my run out is approx .0003" according to my indicators. Heck of a lot better than the original JET chuck that came on it by a long shot. Visit my website:

expressed are those of my wifes, I had no input whatsoever. Remove "nospam" from email addy.

Reply to
Roy