Fuel comparison charts

You shouldn't believe ANYONE based on their name or email address, you mouth-breathing knuckle-dragging moron.

Reply to
.

We obviously pay a lot of attention to your nym....(not)...

Laugh laugh laugh!!

Begone troll!!

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Leases don't mean drilling. Billions of dollars were spent on the large state size leases offshore of California. Then after paying the government for the leases, the loonies pleaded and got a drilling halt and forbade wells out in the water.

Large tracks are held at bay in the gulf. Some were active but shut down after the spill. The area near Miami was rich in oil, but it was held back because of ugly rigs in the skyline. Then Cuba / China moved in and their rig can be seen from Miami.

MTBE dropped miles / gallon. It polluted ground water. And there is a huge bubble of it at the bottom of Lake Tahoe.

Ethanol is hygroscopic and when a tank is a breather and not sealed, it pulls in cool damp air at night, and condenses into the tank. This is a common failure mode of gas now. Special ethanol additives have been developed to trap the water and allow it to be burned. Typically it sits and freezes - cracking small motor parts. I try to run all of them wide open to use up the gas before letting them sit.

And taxes are more than Federal. Tax on the whole product string. And having the Gasoline and Crude oil different commodity and have been the souce of the 'excessive gain tax' - where the oil companies buy crude and sell the results of their work at a much higher value due to the demand price on gas and anti-demand on Crude.

So taxes are from many levels and many methods.

And I live in cattle, gas/oil/timber/farming area of Texas - and the large feed mills have had prices rise (brother worked at a large mill) and the chicken / turkey feed is up as well as dairy cattle feed / horse and pig feed. Any product that used grain - higher gas / fuel cost - rises the cost of feed. Supply and demand is another. Taking feed corn to be turned into this poor example of fuel is shameful. It was easy.

Brazil has special engines. They did it correctly. Indy cars did it also.

Mart> >

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

It was exposed that MTBE was made in Canada and a certain small investor group - turned out to be advisory panel that voted for MTBE.

MTBE has been banned as soon as anything else was useful in the place.

California dumped it. Other states took longer but understood and got rid it it also.

Mart> >> >>

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

Wonder about Tahoe. It went deep into the cold and just created a big bubble.

Maybe in shallow lakes that get mixed up all of the time by the wind and boats - it might release itself, but I seem to recall it was heaver than water. So agitation is required.

Mart> >

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

What are you talking about? There have been no new offshore federal leases issued in California since 1984. Are you talking about state leases? Which ones?

No. There are as many oil rigs operating or contracted in the Gulf today as were predicted for 2013 before the BP oil spill.

No. The nearest exploratory rig off Cuba is over 200 miles from Miami. And it's Cuba and Russia, in this case. It was the last rig off Cuba's coast. It just shut down and is being moved to South America.

I can't chase all of your claims down, Martin. Without citations, they just aren't worth tracking.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

I talk to oil drillers, remote working tool men and deep sea welding and tooling. Guys that go out for weeks at a time and rotate with another crew. These men work on the rigs and know what is there and what isn't. What rig is a ghost waiting for crews to work again. Locals used to work in the gulf but now work all over the world. The local work isn't there as it was.

And yes - the California rip off continues. Still no drilling.

I drove 90 miles a day and noticed the poor performance. For those who drove on flat land roads and could putt about it might be ok - but getting energy out of the junk just didn't do it. The effective octane was reduced, the material was used as they wanted - no percentage. Just over 10% could be 50% or more.

The rig count was low in 2013 because of the spill and the flat holdback on operating rigs that were shut down as well as exploring wells.

Martin

Reply to
Martin Eastburn