gasket sealant for diesel fuel

I've got a clean-out port on a small diesel fuel tank, with a cover that's sealed with a nitrile gasket. I'd like to squish the gasket down over a small bead of a diesel-resistant sealant, just as belt and suspenders because diesel is so notorious about seeping through the tiniest of crevices. What's your favorite sealant for this kind of thing? I'm also looking for something that would be good on threaded fittings in the fuel transfer system.

Recommendations?

Thanks, Tom Dacon

Reply to
Tom Dacon

I've always liked Permatex products, although I havent't bought any of their recent stuff (still using some old tubes of brown goo -- #1 and #2 sealant). This looks like it would work:

check in with your favorite auto parts counter guy for his recommendations.

Reply to
Denis G.

I've always liked Permatex products, although I havent't bought any of their recent stuff (still using some old tubes of brown goo -- #1 and #2 sealant). This looks like it would work:

check in with your favorite auto parts counter guy for his recommendations.

:Looks good, Dennis. Thanks.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Dacon