Gould mystery box - what does it do / any one want it?

I am in the slow process of cleaning out my garage workshop and getting a load of scrap metal ready for the recycler. Before I toss this item on the trailer (for its size it is mighty heavy, bound to be worth about 50 cents in scrap ), I figured I would ask the group what this item was used to control, does it have any value in special parts for other projects or does any one want it (free for cost of shipping)? I aquired it as part of an auction lot of DRO displays 18 months ago. The brand name is Gould, it is a Model 21-1410-01 and it has verbage on the front controls: "traverse speed in/sec" & "vernier". I am guessing this dates back to the mid '60s. Pictures in the drop box under Gould.

Reply to
aribert