Grime Blaster

This item is listed in the Eastwood catalog as a sort of sprayer that
connects to 70 psi air and a hose to pressure wash stuff. I was wondering
if anyone has used one or has any comments on its utility compared to a
"real" pressure washer.
Reply to
Loading thread data ...
I have one of this type (not Eastwood) but I don't have a 'real' pressure washer to compare it to. It works pretty good and blasts the thick mud and grease off my tractors. It does make a mess between the volume of water and the big piles of grease that come off. It probably would work even better with hot water, I'm working on that now. I paid about $30 for mine, I can't afford $$$$ for a 'real' high pressure washer.
Reply to
Nick Hull
Harbor Freight had one of these on sale when I was in one of their stores last week. Six dollars if my memory isn't faulty. Basically just an air spray wand with a side port, connected to a length of tygon tubing, whose other end in dropped in a bucket of hot, soapy water, or solvent. Look up Bernoulli if you want to know the principal. Basically, gas pressure is inversely related to velocity; moving air is below atmospheric, hence the fluid is drawn into the moving air stream. You won't likely get the volume of a true pressure washer, nor the ability to select different spray tips, but for small projects, it works just fine. The HF model did have a little needle valve assembly to regulate how much soapy water/solvent is pulled up.
These things can chew through the air though. Take a normal air nozzle, hook if up to your line, pull the trigger, and see how long it takes to cycle. Might be too often on a small contractor type compressor, but a large, two-stage should be just fine.
David Glos
Reply to

PolyTech Forum website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.