Grizzly Delivery

And if you get it on film, you could win $10,000 for it. :)

Reply to
Dave Lyon

Snow? Oh yeah, that white stuff that made me leave Ohio. ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

On Tue, 10 Oct 2006 18:26:50 -0600, with neither quill nor qualm, ED quickly quoth:

I've had several deliveries from Griz. The first truck had a 35' trailer and didn't have a dropgate, but he levered/lowered my 200lb crate to the ground by hand, a real pro. (It was tall.) He used a hand truck to cart my woodcutting bandsaw right to the shop for me, no charge. Kudos to Oak Harbor Freight! The second was a 250lb box and the FedEX Freight guy used his dropgate to lower my mortiser to the ground and put it on my pnematic-tired hand truck with a smile. No problems with the lighter stuff and no special request/extra charge for special handling.

---------------------------------------------- CAUTION: Driver Legally B l o n d (e)

Web Database Development =======================================================

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Snow? What the hell is that? Though we do get buildings with collapsed roofs, it's usually pooled rainwater from a plugged drain.

(Welcome to Greater Los Angeles - If you want to go skiing, hop in the car and head up into the mountains...)

Seriously, a lot of houses around here have a second-story hung partially over the garage, placing a big glu-lam or solid timber beam in a very tempting position halfway back in the garage.

Problem being that they are usually fully loaded just holding up the building with no excess capacity. Anyone trying to use it as a hoist mounting point is likely to have a disaster on their hands.

Builders are cheap bastards, and if the Civil Engineer says the minimum beam is a 4"X12" that's exactly what they will use - they are not going to spend a single dime going up one size for added safety margin, that would eat into profits.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

Finding the keyboard operational AG entered:

I don't know if this will help but I regularly get pallets of coffee beans delivered at 1500 to 1900 per skid. I always tell the both the wholesaler and the trucking company that.

  1. It can not be a tractor - trailer. It must be a small truck. I will not be resonsible for any tickets or other fines for blocking traffic or being over weight or any thing else for that matter.
  2. They must have a liftgate and a pallet jack
  3. They must give 1 hours notice before delivery so I can be sure to have space available at the door. This usually works fine. Except for the last time when the guy showed up and the only thing he got right was the lift gate. When he started bitching that no one told him, I handed back his bill of lading that had my 3 requirments on it. We finally took delivery in the street in a no parking area. Then I had to handtruck the bags across the parking lot instead of just through the door, Added meanness factor - One of the local police officers drove by and when she got the whole story she "talked" to the driver and made it very clear that what he was doing was unacceptable. Most times for .00 and a cup of coffee the drivers can be real accomodating. Bob

--

-- Coffee worth staying up for - NY Times

The Other Funk