Gun sales on track to set a record

I refute that and would gladly fire a 12 gauge with #2 at 70 yards to see if if it penetrates you. At 20 yards it will leave an entrance about

12 to 16" across. Keep in mind that is Goose shot and it is harder to penetrate a goose then a human. Geese will seldom give you a close up shot also. The .410 Shotgun used to be considered a goose gun for its #2 shot and tight choke pattern. It was the only thing that could read high flying geese until the 12 gauge magnum came out. Next of course was the 10 gauge.. All with #2 shot. Use 6# or 7# Pheasant shot and all you do is tickle them. Most gun shops don't even handle Double Ought Buckshot. Or for that matter 1# shot. Military and Law enforcement don't use 1# shot either. Do keep in mind the muzzle choke has a lot to do with hitting power.

Very deadly..It tends to draw moisture and clump. In clump form it is like firing a slug.

Reply to
PaxPerPoten

HAHAHAhahoho...What a freaking four-flushing moron!

So, a .410 was the only thing that could reach high-flying geese, eh? I hope some goose hunter, or any shotgun shooter, pops in here and lets you know what a phony moron you are.

(Aack!) And what choke would you use for 00 buskshot for maximum "hitting power"? This is a test.

You have experience with rock salt, no doubt. d8-). And what kind of powder wad do you use under your rock salt?

Reply to
Ed Huntress

You are such an expert..Do tell us all what the primary hunting purpose of a .410 was. Other then the fact it held a tight pattern and had the range to take down geese. It is obvious that you have never been a real hunter.

All stage Shotguns had a Modified on both Barrels. Marine Trench guns had a reinforce barrel with open or no choke for continuous firing. When and if you ever sign up for an NRA course you may again find this same information. It is such a shame that everything posted has to be explained to you. By the way the original Shotguns used for this had 14 inch barrels from the factory..Legal civilian these day is 19 inch. I take that your so-called expertise was earned while draft dodging.

Enough education for you...It will take months for you to assimilate what I have already given you and about 3 seconds to forget it and regress back to full moron status.

Keep in mind that you are the one claiming vast expertise on firearms. I only claimed Service to my country and competing in Marine/Navy and Sheriffs pistol competition. You also claimed great plaudits from the NRA. I cannot find you name anywhere on NRA roles.. I found mine among the Life Memberships. I have never attended an NRA shoot and see no reason to now.

Reply to
PaxPerPoten

Shooting little birdies at short ranges.

The pattern is exactly the same as any other shotgun. A full-choke .410 keeps around 85% of its shot in a 30-inch circle at 30 yards. A full-choke 12-ga. keeps around 85% of its shot in a 30-inch circle at

30 yards.

Next question?

Who gives a shit? Your claim is about "reaching out" to shoot geese with a .410, which you say would reach out farther than a pre-magnum

12 ga. Tell us how that could be, since a 3-in. .410 had a 3/4-oz. shot load (they're a little less now -- 11/16 oz.), and a 12-ga. high-brass (pre-magnum) had a 1-1//4 oz. shot load. They both had approximately the same velocity.

Take all the time you need to explain.

Straight cylinder is preferred for buckshot. Next question?

So freaking what? You haven't explained how a .410 will "reach out" farther than a 12-ga. high brass.

You're a four-flushing phony who has no clue what he's talking about.

You're spinning like a top. This is about your claim that a .410 "reaches out" farther than a pre-magnum 12 ga. to kill geese.

You've given us nothing but bullshit and spinning. Explain your claim that a .410 "reaches out" farther than a 12 ga high brass when shooting geese.

No, that was you. I corrected you, and off you went on about five different tangents. Explain your claim about .410s for geese.

No, you tried to bullshit us by telling me that if I was "A true target competitor" I "would more likely use a "Browning Medalist' for light caliber competition." I told you I shoot a Hi-Standard Supermatic, a former Olympic pistol with adjustable barrel weights and a muzzle brake. You obviously don't even know what that is.

WTF are you talking about now? I said I was one of the volunteers on Richard Feldman's NRA-sponsored crew. I said nothing about "plaudits."

No shit, Sherlock.

What does that have to do with your magic .410 that reaches out to kill geese?

You're a four-flushing blowhard and a phony. You have no idea what you're talking about.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Reply to
PaxPerPoten

I quit them three years ago.

Pax got caught trying to bullshit his way through something that any real hunter is likely to know -- that .410 shotguns are not capable of "reaching out" to kill geese beyond the range of a 12 gauge high-brass

-- and now he's trying his old trick of slandering with homoerotic slurs to cover up the fact that he really f***ed up.

It's all such a shame, Pax. There's nothing wrong with not knowing. But doubling-down on your ignorance to belittle someone else is only going to get you into trouble.

Next time, stay within the range of what you really know if you're going to belittle or slander. Otherwise, just ask a question. We'd be glad to fill you in if you didn't act like a juvenile prick.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

I don't think it's an act, Ed. It's seems clear enough that he's the genuine real deal.

Reply to
Don Foreman

It does seem to be baked-in. I wonder how he gets away with the serial bullshit on his home NG.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Just another cross posted pile of s**te really.

Reply to
news16