Happy Thanksgiving to All Our American Buddies

Hey All,

Happy Thanksgiving to All !! And despite the recent monetary woes, there is still plenty to be thankful for...in fact. at 68 I'm thrilled every day my feet hit the floor; but this Thursday is a day set aside to be thinking of family and friends, so make it a happy day.

Take care.

Brian Lawson, Bothwell, Ontario.

Reply to
Brian Lawson

Hey Brian,

Thank you for your glad tidings.

Once in a while, I like to think about how truly good life has been to me (and by extension, to all of the rest of the groupers here).

Our experience is so unlike that of the rest of the planet's people!

Happy Holidays!

--Winston Silicon Valley, California

Reply to
Winston

Second that !

Thank you for your glad tidings.

Once in a while, I like to think about how truly good life has been to me (and by extension, to all of the rest of the groupers here).

Our experience is so unlike that of the rest of the planet's people!

Happy Holidays!

--Winston Silicon Valley, California

Reply to
Robert Swinney

Ah tomorrow will be a fine day. The family all around and good food and talk at the table.

Happy Thanksgiving back at you Brian and the rest of the group also,

Wes

Reply to
Wes

On Wed, 26 Nov 2008 17:25:51 -0500, the infamous Brian Lawson scrawled the following:

Right, Happy Birdday to everyone.

Um, has someone already warned turkeys like Cliffy and Parakeet to duck tomorrow? Oh, good!

-- Every day above ground is a Good Day(tm). -----------

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Thanks Brian;

Looking to the east, everyday is a new chance, I'm a very happy riser and peaceful sleeper (Snorer?).

If I make a BAD golf shot, at least I'm on the right side of the grass....

Matt

Reply to
matthew maguire

Hey Matt,

Great attitude. Good line!!

Brian

Reply to
Brian Lawson

Thanks Brian. Thanksgiving Day came a bit early for me this year. Tuesday was our annual shop Fair/Open House at school and a bunch of last Junes grad showed up. Every one of them working iin the trade and continuing to learn. One fellow did a small comversational program on the TRAK mill. Beep, beep in rapid succession and he had it running. Last year it was beep............beep and son on. Great to see him so confident. Another showed me a cell phone picture of a drill bit he is working on, 7000 lbs and tons of complex CNC milling on it.

Another former student is in his second year at University of Connecticut school of engineering, on full scholarship to boot. He continues to work at Whitcraft Tool a local top level shop. They love hime there and his future is unlimited.

Really made my day and makes up for the chuckle heads that come through the shop.

Errol Groff

Instructor, Machine Tool Department H.H. Ellis Technical High School Danielson, CT

Reply to
Errol Groff

Thank you, Brian. We feel the same way. Everyone is together, the pumpkin pie just came out of the oven and the turkey just went in. No rain, no wind, and the ancient furnace is still putting out heat. Loose shoes, etc...let the economy go to hell, I'll take this any day.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Thanks Brian, but **YOU'RE** an American, too!

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson