Harbor Freight lift for pickup truck -- good deal

Harbor freight has a nice electric lift that plugs into your pickup truck trailer hitch receiver. It is really well made and is currently on sale for only $199 (was $399).
They claim it will handle 500 pounds, and I believe it. If there is a weak point, it is the power of the electric winch.
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?ItemnumberG591
I got one with the hope of making it work with my Volvo station wagon, but it really needs a larger vehicle. A friend with a Ford F250 pickup came over to take a look at it, and it fit perfectly with no adjustments necessary. He liked what he saw and handed me $200 on the spot.
My only complaint is that the plastic bags of bolts have numbers that bear no relationship to the item numbers in the instructions. The sizes are printed on the outside of the small-parts box, but not on the parts list. If you buy this lift, you need to *carefully* measure the bolts and match them up with the correct part numbers before you attempt to assemble the lift.
While Harbor Freight sells a lot of cheap crap, this is one of their better products. Be warned, it is heavy (145 pounds)! Your UPS driver will not be happy with you. :-)
Alan
On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 18:46:02 -0800, Alan Frisbie
......and in reply I say!:

Looks good for a couple of hundred

That's the trouble I have with the idea of these "off vehicle" ideas. You need a crane to handle the hoist! ***************************************************** Dogs are better than people.
People are better than dogs for only one purpose. And then it's only half of ofthe people. And _then_ most of them are only ordinary anyway. And then they have a headache.........
On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 18:46:02 -0800, Alan Frisbie
......and in reply I say!:
Oh. Didn't see the last picture...sorry.