Harbor Freight truth?

I've returned stuff by mail without problem. They picked up a broken mortising machine and sent a new one a week or so later, without any trouble at all. No extra cost for shipping, either.
I'll admit, the machine wasn't the best-made thing I've ever seen, but it was great for what I wanted, and $150--$250 less than anything else available.
On Thu, 10 May 2007 01:46:43 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm,

Cute. But try their Pittsburgh line. It has a lifetime guarantee and most of the items are well enough built that they just don't break. Y'know, kinda like Crapsman before the cheapout by Searz 30 years ago.

I've always had good luck returning broken or problem (crossthreaded from the factory) items. And though I've been buying from HF for 30 years now, I've only returned half a dozen items, and half of those were bought off their Internet site, sight unseen. I even received in a chuck key (which _I_ had lost and told them so) free of charge once.
Speaking of trouble, anyone have a schematic for their fluorescent emergency lamp, 38077? Mine died on me after 2 years and they no longer stock them. <sigh> It was great for the occasional 4-hour blackouts we get up here when wind knocks out a line. I could still read!
--
A book burrows into your life in a very profound way
because the experience of reading is not passive.
Richard J Kinch wrote:

Actually, that was a trademark of the Sherman Clark Co. of Michigan, which sold re-labeled AA lathes, and probably other stuff, in the 1930s
    --Try snopes.com They've probably got something on it.
--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : I still miss
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : rock and roll...

On 11 May 2007 19:51:16 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com quickly quoth:

Velly Intelesting! They surely couldn't have been for the $25 95310. http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber310
So, has anyone here bought and used one of the new composite impacts? http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber921 If so, how do they look/feel/hold up?
- Metaphors Be With You -