Hardinge bearing replacement pics

I took a series of pictures last week, when I replaced the spindle
bearings on a Hardinge DV-50. Some years ago, I wrote a FAQ on the
procedure, but over the years and several computer crashes, Ive lost
the FAQ. Ive been considering making up an Ebook with the procedure
and the photos as a freebee for anyone doing a bearing job on
Hardinges..primarily those folks here.
Anyone got that FAQ stored on their hard drive?
There are some pictures missing, unfortunately, as I was doing this in
a customers shop (who kindly allowed me to take photos. .rare in an
aero space shop..Thank you FTC!) but some steps required a helper to
photograph as I didnt have enough hands, and frankly..a couple steps
required so much concentration I simply forgot to take pictures..when
you are installing someone elses $400 spindle bearings..and you only
get one shot at it..you tend to put all other things out of your
mind...shrug
But I got most of them, and they turned out well enough for focus and
clarity.
Anyone want the raw photos, they are in order by number and Id be
happy to send them to you in a zip file.
Im going to Photoshop them, adding arrows and labels and
thingabobbies and whatchits to indicate what some of the bits are, and
so forth.
They should be generic enough to cover most of the later (post 1957)
Hardinge lathes, DSMA, DV-59, HC, AHC etc etc.
Gunner
Think of it as having your older brother knock the shit out of you
for torturing the cat." Gunner
Reply to
Gunner Asch
Gunner, I'd love a set. While not directly applicable to the TM, I'll bet there's a lot of common ground.
Thanks.
Pete Keillor
Reply to
Pete Keillor
"Gunner Asch" wrote in message >
No, but it looks like Google does:
Is that it?
"I'm not grown up enough to be so old!"
Reply to
Keith Marshall
That's the one I have printed out at home.
Jim
Reply to
jim rozen
I emailed em, then went to bed. I didnt check to see what the file size was.
Gunner
Gunner Asch
Ayup..thats the one. Thanks!
Gunner
Gunner Asch
Pretty please, could I ask for a set of photos. I've got a DV59 that may well want some new headstock bearings soon (Unless the nice people at work ever discover that they did have parents after all and accept my derisory offer for the HLV-EM that is sitting unloved in Bay 19 of the factory).
Mark Rand RTFM
Reply to
Mark Rand