Hardinge HLV-H gear box bearing callouts?

I started reinstalling the bearings Id bought nearly 8 months ago or more in the headstock gear/threading box..and discovered..Id bought 12 bearings of the wrong size. Sigh...close..but..not close enough.

I dont know if they gave me the wrong bearings...or I ordered the wrong ones. Irregardless....I need the right ones.

Anyone have a listing of the bearings that go in the Hardinge HLV-H (wide bed..80s vintage) gear box on the headstock? Ive got a small job to do..that will be tough to do on the 14" lathe...and I need to replace all the bearings so the damned thing doesnt rattle when the threading section is running.

I checked the various lists on the Hardinge parts book..but it only gives the Hardinge part number..not the actual gear number.

Anyone know of anyone that could tell me?

Ill be reordering a complete set of bearings from VXB (probably) and picking them up when I go back down to Santa Ana..but I didnt want to tear the bearings out and then not knowing where they all went. There is about 12 bearings in that bear box with most of them being the same..except for 3..as I recall

Some of 3 odd ones are packed inside of spacers..so I cant read the numbers

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch