Heat pump refrigerant change to R-22 substitute

Guess you didn't bother watching the "engineer" in the video blow the car up. This same guy is pushing just how safe propane is in vehicles as a replacement for other refrigerants. He has held a LOT of seminars and this video was shot to demonstrate how it was IMPOSSIBLE for any type of flame or ignition to occur in vehicle use.

Reply to
Steve W.

"Steve W." fired this volley in news:jpp37b$ukf$1 @dont-email.me:

Guess I don't have to watch to know how stupid people can be. Cars are full of potential ignition sources.

Anyone who thinks it's "impossible" for an ignition to occur in a passenger car hasn't spent much time in a car, or watching all the burnt wrecks along-side major highways.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

in=20

cross-pasture=20

Well, note that I had said "last I checked"....which probably was ~5 = years ago if not 10

Reply to
PrecisionmachinisT

I was thinking of just replacing the refrigerant *IF* an energy savings would justify it. The 40% they state is mighty attractive! My system is in good shape and should last a little while yet. I sell to a HVAC supply outfit and am able to purchase from them. I imagine I'll be replacing the unit in a number of years so I'll keep abreast of what to do and what to buy.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

"PrecisionmachinisT" fired this volley in news:vdWdnQsNWeaDiF3SnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@scnresearch.com:

And whether we disagree on things or not, I wouldn't want you to get "burned" doing something that was completely legal five years ago, and is now a felony.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

And I'll bet Homeland Security is just raring to go to prosecute you as a terrorist for any infringements, too, aren't they?

-- When a quiet man is moved to passion, it seems the very earth will shake. -- Stephanie Barron (Something for the Powers That Be to remember, eh?)

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Out of curiosity, I downloaded the current list:

Noteworthy that included, is the rather vague description "pyrotechnic compositions".

Reply to
PrecisionmachinisT

Probably I should stop driving around town with several scuba tanks full of flash powder in my trunk then....

Reply to
PrecisionmachinisT

I've got a package unit in theboneyard with burned out scroll, acid kit tests clean and so it'd be a fairly straight forward job.

Never seems to be enough time though, and since I picked up a replacement off craigslist for a song...

Reply to
PrecisionmachinisT

Hydrocarbon refrigerants are so dangerous that pepsi and coke drink machines run on it and loads of European fridges and air cons run on it

Reply to
F Murtz