I know where there WAS one, right in your back yard you could have had for about a hundred - but it's been gone for a year or two now. And they don't sell anything out of the yard any more (old Rosen/3m yard off Courtland) *** Free account sponsored by SecureIX.com *** *** Encrypt your Internet usage with a free VPN account from
***
Reply to
clare at snyder.on.ca
Cant be too hard to find in that neck of the woods. Definetly not compared to eastern ontario
Otherwise look up to the monarch post above
Delivery would likely make it fit your budget
Reply to
Brent Philion
Actually my milling machine is from that yard. The lathe I was thinking about was in the Madison St scrap yard. They don't let me walk around at the Triple M yard anymore, apparantly someone got hurt and sued. Since the price of scrap has gone up so much the yards don't keep so much old machinery on hand anymore. I am a mechanical engineer and make most of my living by designing machines for auto part factories but part of my business involves building small things in my shop. My hobby is going to the scrap yards on Saturday morning looking for interesting stuff to salvage.
stan
Reply to
sbaer
Out of curiosity
If you see another small mill in the area suitable for a home shop could you holler? youre within truck and trailer distance from Ottawa and there really is no manufactiring going on up here compared to southern ontario (automotive) or even northern ontario (mining) Its odd when there are more welding shops in the city you grow up in thats 1/8th the size of the city youre in now.
Thanks
Brent P
Reply to
Brent Philion