Help with Central Machinery 3 in 1 #0711

I bought a used Central Machinery #0711 Multipurpose Machine circa 1995 and am in need of a parts diagram, possibly a parts supplier, or at least a cross reference. This unit looks a lot like a Smithy Granite and I suspect many of the parts are the same, but Smithy was so little help, they bordered on rude. All I wanted to do was give them money.

Specifically, I'm looking for the cross slide feed nut and any peripheral hardware that might go along with it (maybe backlash reduction) I don't want to attempt to make one as I would rather not spend the money and time on Acme threading tools and it would take time out of what I want to do with the machine. If worst comes to worst I'll take it to a shop.

Can anyone help?

Reply to
acidbaby

JR North

Central Machinery is Harbor Freight's 'House" brand but they don't list that model on their site so it was probably discontinued. They currently sell 3 models and have manuals online for all 3 so maybe that will help some. They may also be able to get parts for you but I wouldn't expect them any time soon. A friend ordered a few parts for the table on his drill press from them and it was MONTHS before they finally arrived. :-(

Good luck!

"I'm not grown up enough to be so old!"

Reply to
Keith Marshall

Reply to
kfvorwerk

It's power feed when the lead screw is engaged, otherwise, no.

Reply to
acidbaby