HF 21/2 ton long frame jack

Had this about 5 years. The pump got extremely hard to move, so the pedal stayed down, and hardly any pump action from the handle. Tore it
apart, and found the pump piston seal rock hard. It shattered removing the piston. It was so tight in the bore, the piston rod roll pin that secures it in the piston sheared off. Repaired the pump by using a clutch master cylinder seal I had lying around. Fit perfectly. Also, as an aside, the twist/release knob was always hard to work, even when new,so when I tore it down I found the U-joint had sheared one pin. Very poorly fabricated. drilled out the center cube and reassembled with some steel roll pins, mig welded to the flanges so they can't back out. JR Dweller in the cellar
I got a NAPA made in USA floor jack 30 years ago. Use it constantly. About five years ago I had to oil one of the wheels cause it was sticking.
You gets what you pays for.
Karl
JR North wrote:( subject of twenty one halves ) That is about 10 and a 1/2. How about a dash, underscore, or at least a space? :-) ...Lew...