HF cement mixer

Awl--
Inyone have one? Does it work? :)
Q on sizes:
They offer 1.5, 2.5, and 3.5 cu ft.
However, it is ambiguous as to what the cu ft refer to: size of the drum,
or the amount of concrete that can be mixed/poured.
If the 2.5 mixer is referring to poured concrete, and the 3.5 is referring
to actual drum volume, the 2.5 may very well have *more capacity than the
3.5*
!!
And a hint that this might be so is that the 2.5's cost more than the 3.5s.
HF don't have a clue--of course.
Iny idears??
--
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll
Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®
I've got the one that goes on sale for $189 about every other month. Don't like it, no big issues, just a lot of little ones. If I had to do it over, I'd look for alternatives, I think Home Depot has one for about $350.
Reply to
Ken Finney
Do they list a weight limit (check the owner's manual if it is online). Our 5 cubic foot (actual drum capacity) mixer has a weight limit of 275 lbs, so that is (3) 80 lb bags of Quickrete plus water, or about 1 1/2 cubic feet of concrete. A mixer with a drum capacity of 1.5 cubic feet would barely mix one bag at that ratio.
-- Dennis
Reply to
DT
Well, to follow up on my own post, they do have the manuals online, and it appears to be actual drum capacity, which is standard practice. The 3 1/2 cubic foot model lists the following maximum load, but yah gotta do the math:
2 gallons water 3 shovels cement 15 shovels aggregate
That's using a size 3 shovel.
I'm not sure how much concrete that makes using the shovel counting method, but two gallons of water is what you would use for (2) 80 lb bags of Quickrete, which seems about max for a 3 1/2 cubic foot model.
-- Dennis
Reply to
DT
They work for laundry...
That's my uncle's HF mixer that made a lot concrete for his slip formed cabin. I helped him pour the footings and was skeptical that the POS mixer would last the week I was there, but I know he used it pretty hard for at least two years.
Ned Simmons
Reply to
Ned Simmons
When mixing with Portland:
6 bags per yard 6 gallons per bag 2 gallons = 1/18 of a yard or 1.5 cu. ft.
LLoyd
Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh
Neil, I read your Uncle's page on the house build. What a great project. What a craftsman! I was worried though when there was no 2005 installment. Everything still going ahead?
Bob
Reply to
rleonard
Yes, I expect he'll be headed back there in about a month. I'm not sure it's clear from the story, but he's done the great majority of the construction working alone. Not bad for a 70 year old guy.
Ned Simmons
Reply to
Ned Simmons
You've had to have done concrete work to really appreciate that. wow... I had to take off from work, after a shitty little patch job!! -- Mr. P.V.'d formerly Droll Troll
Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®
Sounds interesting, but I missed the link. What's the URL?
Ned Simm> >> Neil,
Reply to
Rex B