Home depot demands our stuff - first order

Okay, so I'm late and catching up, but Gunner wrote on Mon, 30 Oct 2006 08:59:48 GMT in rec.crafts.metalworking :

I've only heard my Dad one time using the clipped Pizzboig accent. He was a wee tad exasperated - at me no less, and was trying to maintain calm.

I got to talking to a man on the elevator in Portland (ore) who was from Oklahoma, and I fell back into it. To the point I couldn't get out when I and my girlfriend got off the elevator.

Reply to
phamp

Yeah, but Gunner, you didn't address the contararian reversal at work here: I can see how "terlet" could evolve from "toilet", sort of a la Ed's link. But given that one dialectical evolution, to then say "woik" evolved from "work" seems quite inconsistent--almost, well, like somone's fukn w/ my linquistic head--parden my dialect. Ditto "idear" for "idea", AND THEN "sistuh" for "sister".

C'mon, someone's gotta help me out, here--The NYTimes-carrying upper-west-side fagits over on alt.english.usage et al were oh-so disappointing on this; And Ed, you let me down, bruh, you let me down....

Gunner, yer my last hope...

Oh, oh, for today, Mummy, mummy, oim so Bri'ish, oim so Bri'ish...

Gunner: catch my new sig. Whaddaya think? The best: the guy here w/ the Arm the Homeless bumper sticker? Cracks me up every time I think of it. I think it's a good idea, actually!

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

Its an interesting sig. One I disagree with, though I do tend to vote Libertarian in local elections.

The Democrats were in power for over 40 yrs..and they f***ed things up so badly that its gonna take years to repair the damage. They became such extremists..that they shifted the bar to the far left..and forced us to make choices between candidates that were hardly choices at all. Such as Kerry vs Bush. Kerry a far left extremist fringe kook, Bush a moderate. We need to shift the bar back to the Right again. But in doing so..we need to vote for good ones..not career politicians with only their own agendas. Politicians who need to be dragged screaming and kicking into Congress or the Whitehouse. Im starting to think that we would be better off if we had elections by random drawing of names from the phone books of each state.

We could hardly do worse..hum...never mind...we already DO worse.

Reading the poll numbers this morning..seems the much proclaimed leads the Demonrats have been bragging about..are rapidly shrinking or have been already reversed. It would appear that their dirty tricks and biased polling has gotten the People pissed off and has had the opposite effect..even in the Blue states the People are digusted by the Demonrats tactics.

If we had good popular third party candidates, capable of winning an election..Id say your sig has merit. But unfortunately we dont.

so if you want Marxists like Nancy Pelosi and Chucky Shumer in charge of Congress..go ahead..vote third party.

Ill bet you $20..that if the Dems get in control..the taxes they are going to put into place..will bring our rising and booming economy..to a screeching slowdown..and put it into granny gear..lots of noise and fuss..but it will be traveling at a snails pace.

Illegal Immigration will NOT be addressed..except for attempts at a real amnesty and registration to vote Democrat..and corresponding taxes to pay for them and their anchor babies.

They will start up attempts at gun control again. The US will get attacked..and hit hard. And shortly after the Dems gain control..the rise in violence in Iraq will slow down dramaticly. The only reason it has risen..is because we are close to an election..and the tangos want public opinion to go Democrat..the party of the woosies and cut and runs.

But hey..its a free country. Do as you wish. Me..Im going to hold my nose and vote Conservative.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

Before I throw an effing tantrum:

What about the terlet/toilet, woik/work thing? Huuuuuuhhhhhh?????

Indeed, after we throw out every fukn Dem and Repub from Congress, we should arm the homeless. :) Mebbe arm the homeless, and put *them* in Congress! We actually have quite a few astute homeless people roaming the NYC subways, quite worthy of political office.

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

Ahm votin fer inyone who's done jail time fer non-violent, non-sexual, non-white collar crimes. Gee, what's fukn left? I guess Bank Robbers w/ unloaded guns? Burglars in up-scale neighborhoods?

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

Okay, so I'm late and catching up, but Gunner wrote on Mon, 30 Oct 2006 15:49:52 GMT in rec.crafts.metalworking :

The other element is that the Democrat pollsters realize their credibility is on the line, so they have to get some polling data which will be closer in line to what the election results will be. Granted, the Old Media support for the Democrats is worth 10 points in the polls, it doesn't seem to translate all that well into the polling places.

Unfortunately, over the last ten years there has been a massive move to mail in balloting, which means that vote fraud is now an institutionalized part of the system. (Reports coming from Washington State were that on the order of 20% of the ballots received in the primary were invalidated for various reasons, many "trivial".) I'm personally of the "go to the polls, show some photo ID, and vote." party. If you are too lazy to get to the polls, then do not complain about the results. (Yeah, yeah, I know all about those people who will be out of the district on election day. Different case.)

tschus pyotr

tschus pyotr

Reply to
phamp

Martin H. Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net

NRA LOH & Endowment Member NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member

Gunner wrote:

No way man, that is totally tubular! I mean it is way out. Like frekin!

Ugh - lived in southern Ca and Northern Ca - for the last 20 years but the rest of the time - most - in West, North, Central, now Deep East Texa s.

The two years overseas was a trip for me - it was a mixture of LA, Oakla nd, MIT, Alabama, Texas, Hawaii, Japan, and the Philippines. Talk about a bl end of cultures and language. And throw in the Surf, fishing, diving, Army a nd Navy this and that and it was a soccer ball of facets.

Squirt carbonated grapefruit. Dr. Pepper when it was carbonated prune juice. because Coke had Coke in it.

Seem to remember a musicals... on the English language - serious and sill y. These were the Brits laughing at the Brits.

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

"Ed Huntress" wrote in news:cpi1h.24$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe10.lga:

Heh. They teach it in school now. My son got into it with a teacher over the way he pronounces the word "roof". He says it in a way that roof rhymes with Ruth. Apparently the proper way to say it in the Chi-burbs is more akin to "rough".

The teachers here say he has a Boston accent. So I'm quite sure they've never been to Boston. He would say; "Bob, tell Don to park the car in the yard." If he had a Boston accent it would sound more like "Bawb, tell Dawn to pahk the cah in the yahd."

Plus he's never uttered the phrase "wicked pissah"

Don't even get me started on the way they mangle sentences and verb tenses here.

Reply to
D Murphy

"Proctologically Violated©®" wrote in news:tgp1h.6$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe08.lga:

It's a lazy tongue thing. To say Toilet you have to move your tongue from the top of your mouth to the bottom and back to the top again. To say terlet you just pull your tongue back a bit and leave it up at the roof of your mouth.

To say woik you don't need to move it at all.

For sister you kind of do a double tap of the tongue on the roof of your mouth then pull it back for the "r". For sistuh you just leave it up front for the "uh".

Reply to
D Murphy